Chapter 7- Yuki in the mornings

My dreams were pleasant, mountains of ice-cream and chocolate. Why was I dreaming these sweetest dreams?

Soon waking up a warm, delicious smelling sent came from downstairs. I sat up trying to piece together what had happened the previous night, but nothing after I came come recalled to me. All I remember was that kid running into me. What was that kid doing?

"Akari....?" A males voice came from down the stairs.

Soon all it came back to me, Yuki was here. For unknown reason he spent the night, to get away from Kyou, I know he's been always fighting with Kyou but he never just up and left because of it. Confusion swirling around my head and hit me like a 10 ton truck.

Soon swinging my legs to the side of my bed and tried to slowly stand up. Right when I stood up I felt this dizzy feeling and my vision blurred a tiny bit. Shuffling and shaking my head back and forth I went to my closet, opening my closet doors seeing some new clothes and some child clothes that never left. A slight smile ran across my face, bringing back happy memories.

Soon footsteps came up the stairs quietly. "Miss Akari...?" He asked softly knocking on my door three times. Then his head slowly popped in, his gray/purple like hair hung loosely over his shoulder. His soft eyes and smile gazed at me kindly.

A slight blush peeked across my cheeks "Sorry I didn't answer before, I was just trying to remember what had all happened last night" I said shifting my gaze to the big window that over-looked the whole Sohma neighborhood.

"Ahh I see, well I came up to tell you that I made breakfast, so hurry down stairs to eat." He smiled and disappeared back down stairs mysteriously.

That was a bit awkward...

I thought to myself, then turning back my attention to my clothes. I soon picked out an old black tank top, a white over throw and knee-length shorts. I then took my brush and ran through all the knots in my hair, making a fuss for about 15 minutes trying to brush them all out. Which felt like I was going to rip my scalp off. After finally getting the brush through my hair a slowly looked at myself in a mirror.

Soon pushing the door open, the smells of the kitchen hits me 10 times harder, it had a very particular smell.

Damnit....he cooked leeks...

I smiled warmly anyways, trying to hide my dislike, but the smell made my nose cringe in distast.

"Oh, im sorry Akari, I had forgotten you hated Leeks" Yuki appologied to me with a small frown on his face.

I shook my head at him and smiled "No worries, lets just go get breakfast in town?" I suggested. Holding in a giggle.

Yuki smiled and nodded "That would be nice"

I nodded and took his wrist and walked out the door. "Well then lets go!"

Yuki laughed and followed me out the door. slowly inching to walk beside me.

I smiled amused "So what did Kyou do to make you so mad?" I asked, nudging Yuki with my elbow. waiting on his answer.

He sighed deeply "Ever since you came back, I mean I think it's quite rude he didnt remember you in the first place and I did." He shook his head "He hasnt even really tried to be with his bestfriend, he should try harder. Not to run to Tohru everytime you shoot him down. Im not saying I dont like Miss Honda, I very much do, but your his 'bestfriend'"

I nodded my head in agreement. "I totally agree with you" I muttered. Then we walked in silence.

"Yuki! You damn rat!" A males voice called out after us.

We both turned to see Kyou running towards us.