Chapter 11- Transformation

*Akari*

It's a day before my birthday. Nervousness is what feel. I mean i know something is going to happen, i can feel it into my bones.

What can i do? How can they handle....how will they survive?

I lifted my head off my bed, the sun glisened through the cracks of the curtain. "Why am i always running?" I asked myself. Turning to my Ipod i had gotten as a present from America, and started to listen to "Second Chance" by Shinedown. Humming to the sad song and tapping my feet. Hearing the birds singing, i slowly stumbled to my window, opening it to let in the fresh air.

"Akari?"

I heard a voice behind me, knowing it was Yuki "Hey Yuki, it's a beautiful day out isnt it?" I asked, putting back the cirtains to see the clear blue skies. Not a fluffy nor flat cloud in sight. Even though i was hiding my negitive thoughts and feelings rather well, even for me, Yuki still looked at me with solume eyes. Not a word needed to be said, for it seemed like Yuki could read me like an open book

"Why don't we get some breakfast?" He asked, holding out his hand and gave me a small smile to uplift my spirits.

Nodding and took his hand he grabbed a towel from the closet. "Now don't fall in" he cracked.

A smile formed on my lips on his useless bathroom joke "I'll try not to" I said and a slunk to the bath. Apparently Yuki had already warm water in, so there wasn't much I needed to do except undress. Taking off my nighttime clothes I sunk into the really warm water. Noticing my skin that was pale as snow. Sighing in frustration of my weak body I got out and wrapped a towel around me. Looking at myself in a mirror, I didn't recognize the girl I saw. I guess I pushed myself around a little bit too much.....

Soon changing into a red tank-top and some shorts I rub the towel against my wet hair. When I placed it down and looked around to a empty room. Sighing and shuffling outside to where the sun was midway, must be around 10 in the morning. The warm breeze warmed me up from head-to-toe and I smiled.

"Akari..?"

That voice came from behind me, a naturally irritated noise that made me jump a little. Turning to see a carrot-top boy standing in the doorway. My heart started beating really fast, as Kyou started walking towards me, this guy I use to call my best friend. I cocked my head at him "Yes?" I asked, wondering what he was doing up before noon.

"Erm....H-how're you feeling?" he asked, rubbing the back of his hair nervously. He looked exhausted.

"I'm doing better I suppose" I answered with a shrug of my shoulders. My amber eyes darted away from Kyou, looking towards the ground. As the atmosphere got more and more awkward the door to the house opened.

"Are you ready Akari?" Yuki asked with a smile.

A wave of relief filled me from head-to-toe. "Yeah, im starved" which that statement wasnt wrong. I was so hungry i could eat all day! I yawned and waiting for Yuki to start walking a head of me. Turning back to catch a quickend glimps at Kyou. His face was a mixture of rejection and a beaten down spirit. I sighed and started walking behind Yuki.

_______________________________________________--

Yuki and I arrived at a small breakfast cafe right by this old tattered bookstore. The cafe was small, more like a homey place than a resturaunt. The inside was plain white with one or two sitting tables/booths and a Island that had four red seats infront of it.

After eating we went to the bookstore to brows, and thats when i started feeling dizzy again. A pain spreaded through my head. "Y-yuki" I muttered softly so my head would start pounding. The pain was spreading through my chest and i slummed to the door. I could keep my breath from quickening as i slumpt to the alley and fell down, curling my body in a ball of pain. A small scream escaped my mouth as i crawled into the shadows, clawing at my skin to relieve pain. Throwing myself on trashcans and a low sickening growl escaped my chest.

"A-akari?!?!"