(Prologue): A Neo Era

3rd Person POV:

In the 61st century, through many trials and tribulations, humanity now lives all across the solar system.

From Mercury to Neptune and everything in between.

And though lifestyles and traditions vary from planet to planet, one thing remains the same.

Gears.

Large Mech suits piloted by humanity for sport and self-defense.

Humanity loves its large robots, especially since their history in space is so largely connected to them.

Sadly, because of that history, Humanity has grown distant from Artificial Intelligence.

Of course, they use them for many transaction-based jobs and most Gears have a basic A.I but the type of A.I that can think for themselves has been illegal.

Ownership or creation of one will put a person behind bars for life.

This is all because of the Artificial intelligence of the past that had threatened humanity before.

And the one that stole its greatest computer away.

The Jupiter Brain, a planet-sized computer was taken by an A.I know as Aiba, 1000 years ago, and ever since, humanity has searched long and hard for it with no sign of it.

Until the year 6020.

A photo of the Jupiter Brain was taken during a normal Wormhole warp from one planet to another, from within the wormhole.

And thus, the race to get to the Jupiter Brain began, with a ship and a pilot.

(Three-time Gear Olympic champion: Helix Yn Nexer)

Helix: What are you doing?

Tilting down to stare up at a girl's face which was looking at the floor, Helix waited for a response from the girl standing in front of the door.

???: I... Yn, the mission is really dangerous!

Helix: I know. That's why I was hired because I can do it with my eyes closed.

The girl looked up with a smile.

(Young genius: Lisa Ys Nexer)