Epilogue Part Eight

Never and I mean never have I ever seen a man walk so confidently with a baby strapped to his chest but that's just who Kuzco is.

We were walking to my family home to spend the weekend with them in the village. Kuzco kept his summer home that was nearby, so we could stay there.

The whole village came out of their homes to see Kai as we walked up the hill. It was touching to see how many people cared for him and our family.

Kai smiled and wriggled his body when he recognized my family coming out of the house. As it was evening time, I helped my mom make dinner in the kitchen. Kuzco was helping too but that meant watching us and sampling everything. My dad and the kids played with Kai in the living room.

He was still a little baby, just passed three months, so all they really did was watch him but even that was entertaining. He was just so darn cute.

All my little siblings were obsessed with their nephew. They quickly grasped the roles of protecting and teaching Kai new things. Chaca would always volunteer to give him baths and dress him up while the boys would take him outside for 'adventures'.

I let them do whatever they wanted, remembering how excited I was when Chaca was born, but always made sure there was supervision nearby.

Kuzco surprised all of us by being the most cautious parent. He may have baby-proofed the whole palace.

I held Kairo in my lap as we ate dinner. It was crazy to think how much had changed over the course of a few years. I never thought I would be a mom right now let alone married to the Emperor.

Kuzco looked at me from across the table and mouthed 'I love you'. I did it back and we smiled at each other as conversation continued among our family.

I wouldn't change anything.

~

"Mommy, I asked you to tell a story, not that," my son grumbled.

I laughed, "Oh, my mistake."

I looked at Acela who sat on Kai's bed beside him. She looked at her big brother and copied his pouty face and crossed arms.

"Are you upset too, Acela?" She nodded at me before looking to her brother for approval. The little three-year-old then crawled to me and whispered, "Jus' ki'ing, Momma. I wiked stowy."

Kuzco returned to the room with our youngest son thrown over his shoulder giggling. I looked at him with an arched eyebrow as he dumped the energetic child on the bed.

"I know. I was supposed to put him to bed but the crazy monkey kept crawling out." Kuzco looked at the two-year-old with mock disbelief. The kids all laughed at their dad's antics.

Kai jumped out of the covers. "Dad! Can you turn into a llama?"

Kuzco chuckled and held his hands out. "Nope. Sorry, buddy, that was a one-time thing."

The kids started yelling out what animal they'd want to turn into. It quickly turned into an argument over whose animal was better.

"Alright, kiddos, time to go to bed. Quickly, before the-" Kuzco wiggled his fingers, "-tickle monster gets you!"

The kids screeched as they tried to avoid getting caught by their dad. We eventually got them to calm down and stay in their beds.

Kuzco said goodnight to them first and then waited for me outside their bedroom. I kissed Kai and Acela on their foreheads and then started walking towards the door. Kason, the two-year-old, was already asleep in the connecting room.

"Momma?" I turned to see Kai sat upon his bed. "I really liked your story but I had to look cool for Cici."

"I know, buddy."

He smiled and then turned curious, "When are we telling Dad about the baby?"

"Tomorrow, sweets. It's Father's Day, remember?" He nodded eagerly as I gave him one last kiss. "Sweet dreams. I'll see you in the morning."

"Night, Momma."

I quietly closed the door to their room and walked with Kuzco to our own.

"Love you, Kuzco."

"Love you too, Mars."

The End.