Eleven pt 3

As we got to elevens house, I got excited because I had only been there one time, but Mike was there and was an ass like normally. Which ruined it for me anyways we got into her room and then Max said, " What are we gonna do?"

"El do u have music we could listen to?" I ask the brown-haired girl.

"Yeah" she told us while turning on the music. I turned to max and then asked, "Did you buy any magazines at the mall?" The proceeding to lay on El's bed. "Yeah" she throws them on the bed then continues to dance to the song.

I got up and danced with her while el was looking at the magazines and she came across the karate kid. She had a small smile on her face. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio"

"Macchio?" El asked

"Yeah, he's the karate kid, he's so hot right"

"Hotter then Lucas?" I questioned.

She ignored me and continued to talk to El. "I bet he's an amazing kisser too?"

" Do you not remember that you have a boyfriend?" I blurted out. While Max's was talking to El she started to talk about Mike. I didn't feel like hearing this, so I told them I was going to the bathroom.

After, El told me how to get there that I descended down the hallway to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and examined my face. My y/h/c hair was frizzy and unnamable while my eyes puffy and red. I hadn't even released I was crying till now.

I wish girl x girl and boyxboy relationships were a normal thing to see and didn't get you a side eye or snarky comments. It's not fair how I get a side eye for loving who I love, like I don't give y'all a side eye for being with your partner.

I made my way back down to the room to see hopper walking into El's yelling three inches then El proceeds to ask if Max and I can spend the night. I could tell he was drunk so I stayed clear of him till I got to the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

El, Max and I were still hanging at her house when Max asked a question that made my heart stop. " Hey guys what do you think about same gender relationships?" I glared at her while she just evilly smiled at me.

"What is that" El mumbled

" Well, it's when two girls or two boys are in a relationship instead of one boy and one girl in a relationship" Even though Max just explained it to her she still looked confused so I stated, " Say I, a girl, liked another girl or if Will like another boy" (come on you know that is true) The brunette face went from one of confusion to of realization.

"Well, I'm going to the bathroom then going to see if there is any food or drinks that we could have" whispered max. What no no no that means I have to be with her alone no no.

"I-I can go get them if you want" I said to max with pleading eyes "

"Nope I have to go to the bathroom anyway so there is no need to leave her by herself now is it" said max with that smug smirk of hers.

During the whole conversation between Max and I El just said there innocently having no idea what the second message of the conversation was. Max walked to the door but just before she shut it, she winked at me.

Well, I might as well tell her. Alright y/n you can do this. Everything is going to be ok. What if she thinks it weird because she never really answered the question earlier. No no no thought like that just get it done and over with. Here goes nothing "Hey El you know how we were talking about same gender relationships either?" All I got was a simple nod in response

"Well, you never answer the question on it so what do you think about them" I asked her hesitantly

I got a shrug and she said this " I don't care really." As soon as those words left her mouth, I feel like some weight was lifted off my shoulders, but we can't get to ahead of ourselves.

"What would you say if one of you friends like the same gender as them?" holy shit! I can't believe that I asked that. Stupid Stupid I am so stupid. You should have kept your mouth shut- myself hating thought were cut off by the phone ringing. Since, we were at El's house I let her answer it and as she answered with a Mike. With the lovesick look in her eyes I knew I never had a chance.

She loved Mike, even if she didn't know it.

He loved her, even if he didn't treat her good.

I was never in the running it is and it always be him and her.

I was just the best friend, nothing more nothing less.

She was happy with him, so I won't try to stop her from her happiness.

She was happy, so I was happy she was happy, even if is not with me.

This isn't how I originally how I wanted to end this but as I was writing I thought it would be a good idea to try angst. I'm not even going to say sorry for not posting because it is an excuse and yall don't need to hear my excuses. Hope yall have a good morning/afternoon/night

~Dakota