California, 1906/4/18

TW: Bleeding, death? Burns, fire, this is the Los Angeles earthquake sooo enjoy?

One, two, three, four

He opened his eyes to see a foreign wasteland, no, a native wasteland.

Empty bottles everywhere
People sleeping on the stairs
Got something stuck in my hair
No idea how it got there

Dust, papers, smoke, fire, death, never in his life did he think he'd this could happen, this earthquake was the worst in centuries at least for California, and to add to it, it was nearly impossible to breathe.

This is the morning after
The house is such a disaster
But there's someone outside, that caught my eye

Next thing he knew he could see everything, even his own passed-out body, laying on its back, surrounded by the residue of the buildings.

There's a dead girl in the pool

He screamed in horror at the sight of his own body, he was so horrified by what had happened, and now he was dead, abandoned,

I don't know what to do

He was filled with pain and blood pooled from his shoulder to his forehead wrapping around his neck, all displayed right there for him.

I'm the dead girl in the pool

A few people started to leave the buildings they used as cover, and some people screamed and cried at all of the death and destruction.

I can't stop staring at my face
My summer tan has begun to fade
Is this real or is this fake?

Others were in such shock that they couldn't react, ambulances and police filled the area, and firefighters got everyone to evacuate.

A creepy dream I can't escape
This is the morning after
My mind is such a disaster
But there's someone outside, that caught my eye

State death was a fragile thing, it wasn't much death as suffering, but when it hit, it was terrifying, while a state couldn't die they could go into Limbo, and that in a way felt worse.

There's a dead girl in the pool

He knew he would come back, but if nobody found him, or bothered taking him to a hospital, it would just be a loop.

I don't know what to do

He panicked, nobody could see his spirit making it a way worse situation.

I'm the dead girl in the pool

Firefighters ran out of water to put out fires and hospitals were running out of room to store patients, this was all happening just 30 minutes after the quake.

I'm the dead girl in the pool
What the fuck is going on?
I'm the dead girl on the pool

The sun had barely risen over the tree tops by now, as he came back, he sat up and held his head, he ripped off his jacket and used the sleeve to stop some of the bleedings.

Woah

He couldn't fathom what was going to happen next.

This is the morning after
My mind is such a disaster
But there's someone outside, that caught my eye

He peeled the sleeve off and ghosted his fingertips over the now scabs as he felt the swelling that the burns had caused.

There's a dead girl in the pool

He tried standing up but fell, a stranger had come and helped get him on a train to Sacramento, his capital. If it weren't for that person he'd still be stuck on the side of the road.

I'm the dead girl in the pool

~~~|A/N|~~~

Howdy! Sorry sorry sorry sorry this took SO long to post My depression got bad and blah blah blah, I can't and won't excuse the reasons I haven't been posting a lot but I am getting close to finishing my most recent requests so look forward to that! Hope this chapter was at leader semi-adequate.

Adios!