xxviii. stephen meeks

Mr Keating had gathered the whole class outside, asking them to read aloud their goals and aspirations for the year, hoping to encourage them to 'carpe diem' and fulfil their ambitions

Mr Keating had gathered the whole class outside, asking them to read aloud their goals and aspirations for the year, hoping to encourage them to 'carpe diem' and fulfil their ambitions. Meeks had just read his piece of paper aloud, when he was cut off by a non-believing Charlie, who hoped to expose his best friend's true desires.

"By the end of the year, I hope to... be better at Maths and Latin," Meeks read woodenly from the sheet in his hand.

"Bullshit," yelled out Charlie, which caught the attention of everyone present. "Oh, come on. Meeks, you're flawless in every school subject - especially Maths and Latin. What you really want is a kiss from (Y/N)."

"Charlie!" Meeks exclaimed, blushing. He then made eye contact with you and his face turned an even darker crimson. "(Y/N), I-I promise that's not true. We're just really good friends and I think Charlie got confused, but you should never feel like you have to do something, which is something I never even wanted in the first place and - "

You laughed as you watched Meeks become more and more exasperated. You stepped towards him until there was very little distance between both of your faces.

"If your goal for the year really is to kiss me, like Charlie said, I think I can help with that."

"You can?"

Placing a hand on the side of Meeks's face, you brought your lips to his and kissed gently. He initially seemed shocked, but then relaxed and pulled you closer, moving his hand to stroke your hair.

As you pulled away with a smile, Meeks grinned.

"Goal accomplished."