lvii. cher horowitz

Cher was telling Josh the story of how she asked you out, earlier that day, much to his amusement

"Asking (Y/N) to be my girlfriend was a multiple step approach. I planned it out in my journal for weeks in advance - you know my journal, the pink Louis Vuitton one? Anyway, the first step was to compliment her, so I told her she looked like a total Betty and that Amber was always totally buggin' that she never looked as good as her. Then, I read her a poem that I wrote, which was a stroke of genius on my behalf. It goes all the way through the alphabet. Do you want me to read it to you? A is for actual Betty. B is for beautiful - specifically more beautiful than my white Calvin Klein dress (and you know how much I love that dress, Josh). C is for chanel-like - classic, effortlessly perfect and everyone's favourite thing that only some are able to have. The subtext here was that I wanted to have her... as my girlfriend, obvi! D is - "

Cher was prepared to continue, but Josh stopped her.

"Did you pause while you were delivering her this monologue, or did you just subject the poor girl to thirty minutes of you rambling? You wouldn't have even heard her say 'yes' because you were talking so much."

Cher frowned. "I totally paused." She stuck her tongue out at Josh. "And actually, she loved my poem! She's my girlfriend now."