xxxvii. max dennison

Dani was desperate for Max to take her trick-or-treating, which he continued to refuse, until he found out you would be going too

"Please take me, Max. Couldn't you forget about being a cool teenager just for one night?"

"We're not going, Dani. I'd rather stay in and practise my drums."

She huffed. "Fine. I'll just go with (Y/N) instead. She's taking her sister and said I could come with them."

"(Y/N)'s coming?" Max immediately perked up. "I think I can put the drums off until November. She might need me to keep her safe."

"Keep her safe? She's much braver than you. You'd need her to keep you safe. Anyway, you've only changed your mind because you're in love with (Y/N), so I refuse to let you come."

Max held his hands together and looked at his sister with pleading eyes. "Please, Dani. You know how much I like (Y/N). I'll do anything."

The reversal of roles caused a smile to flicker across Dani's face. She thought of how much she wanted to visit the Sanderson sisters' house with (Y/N). "Anything?"

Little Author's Note: I've had a Max fic in my drafts for a while and as Halloween is this month, I wondered if anybody would be interested. Drop a comment if you'd like a dedication!