xvi. andrew clark

You were sat in detention with five other students, who you had barely spoken to before in your life

You were sat in detention with five other students, who you had barely spoken to before in your life. Bender was sat behind you and had spent the last half an hour harassing you, but when his foot started creeping up your skirt, something snapped in you, but not before the jock next to you leapt to your defence.

"You fucking prick!" He jumped up and grabbed John by the collar. "What do you think you're doing harassing her like that?"

"What problem is it of yours? Are you gonna beat me up, Sporto?"

"Don't think that I won't!" He jabbed a finger into Bender's chest. "All it takes is two hits. Me hitting you, you hitting the floor."

"Why are you defending her? Do you even know her name? She's a slut anyway."

You had momentarily looked away, but looking back, the boy who had been branded Sporto had taken matters into his own hands. He had grabbed Bender and was pinning him to the floor, holding his arm behind his back.

Claire gasped loudly, the strange girl at the back let out a loud squeak and the blonde boy in the green sweater (Brian you thought?) began to protest. "Fellas, I just think we should write our papers." A stare from your saviour shut him up.

Bender shoved the other teenager off him and stood up, dusting himself down. "So Sporto and the slut, huh? Who'd have thought it?"

That was enough.

You reached forward placed a hand on each of John's shoulders and drove your knee into his groin. He groaned and stumbled onto the floor in agony.

A smirk rose on your lips as you returned to your seat and you could see the boy in the letterman jacket smiling at you, as he took the chair next to you.

"Thanks for what you did back there," you whispered to him.

He laughed. "I don't know why you're thanking me. It's clear you can handle yourself. I just can't stand guys treating girls like that." His eyes met yours. "You're not a slut, (Y/N). I mean, I definitely don't think that."

You raised an eyebrow. You'd never spoken to him before today and had never mentioned your name. You definitely didn't know who he was.

"How do you know who I am?" you asked curiously.

"I - well." He blushed. "You see a pretty girl like you and you sorta want to find out who she is, you know? I'm Andrew."

You smiled. "I would say I'm (Y/N), but of course, you already knew that. What with me being so pretty and all." You flipped your hair sarcastically.

His cheeks coloured. "Well, I didn't mean pretty as in - "

You pressed a finger against his lips. "Too late. The compliment has already been given and happily received!"