v. sodapop curtis

You were stood on a street corner, anxiously glancing round at your surroundings to make sure you were alone

You were stood on a street corner, anxiously glancing round at your surroundings to make sure you were alone. You had arranged a secret meet up with your boyfriend Soda. He was a greaser and you were a soc. You couldn't care less about that though. You loved Soda and that was what mattered. Unfortunately, your parents did not feel the same.

"Soda, I need to tell you something." The words slowly fell from your lips.

"What is it?" He looked anxious. "Is everything alright? I was worried when you asked to meet here so late."

You felt your heart plunge to the bottom of your stomach and had to resist the urge to vomit.

"My parents... Th-they don't... want -" you trailed off. Tears were streaming down your cheeks at this point and your increased breathing rate prevented you from forming a real sentence.

Soda smiled weakly... knowingly, yet in his eyes it was obvious that it broke him inside. "They don't want you to see me any more, do they (Y/N)?" Despite being a question, he knew the answer in his heart.

You wiped your eyes on your sleeve, yet the tears kept flowing. "They said I either break up with you or I leave the house and don't come back."

He pulled your smaller body towards him, resting your head on his chest and wrapping his arms around you. You could hear his heartbeat through his shirt and for whatever reason, it calmed you slightly. You sobbed into his chest, regardless.

You edged backwards and he let go. "Soda, they gave me an ultimatum, which they assumed would go one way. Our relationship would end and I would stay in the West side. But I was given a choice..."

He raised his eyebrows, tears still pricking at his copper eyes.

"I can break up with you or leave home. They told me to choose between a relationship based on love and an ultimately harmful relationship." You looked up and your eyes met. "I have to choose love. I choose you, Soda."