xxii. jonathan brandis

It was midnight, when you heard a deafeningly loud crashing sound from outside your house, waking you up from your sleep

It was midnight, when you heard a deafeningly loud crashing sound from outside your house, waking you up from your sleep. You went to the window only to be surprised at the sight of Jonathan... and his car crashed into one of your trees. After that catastrophe (which surprisingly hadn't awakened your parents), you let Jonathan into your house and he sat quietly on the end of your bed, while you demanded an explanation.

"Jonathan, what on earth is going on? You've been acting strange around me all week."

"Well, I guess that's what love will do to a person."

"Love?"

"Of course I'm in love with you, (Y/N)! I wanted to drive here to confess my love for you. I brought my boombox and some doves and I was gonna let them fly away as I played your favourite song... but one of the doves got out in the car and I panicked and crashed."

You shook your head with a laugh. "I can't believe you would have done all that for me. So, you really love me?"

"Don't make it sound like it's that horrifying," Jonathan chuckled.

"Jonathan, you idiot, I love you too."