Chapter 3: The New World

March 15th, 2040

Malacañang Palace

In his office, President Juan was busy signing papers from the senate and congress, a couple of weeks ago, an unknown port town has been discovered the supposed to be the Ho Minh Chi City of Vietnam, unlike what they expected, it wasn't a modern town or anything, it was a medieval town.

He declared a national emergency, and together with the senate and congress, they passed a new regulation not allowing any transportation to get out of the country, private vessels are prohibited 30 km away from the country's shorelines, meanwhile, fishing vessels are allowed to sail 150~200 km from the shorelines.

The Navy and Coast Guard were busy patrolling the country's territorial waters. Due to the current situation of the country, an economic recession is now occurring, raw materials are becoming scarce, and oil companies began to hike their prices due to the loss of oil importers from the middle east.

There were some small protests and rallies conducted by dissatisfied groups of people around the country, thankfully only small numbers of them appeared so far. But deep inside, the president knows that if the government doesn't do anything, massive nationwide unrest might occur, this forced him and the rest of the government to finally conduct the first-ever diplomatic mission in the world where were transported.

Few satellites are now functional without any issue, and a few images from space have been caught and surprised everyone, all the known continent was gone and replaced by a much larger piece of land near the country, a worldwide coverage seem to be impossible as the rest of satellites are still not online.

~–~–~–~

For the following days now, President Juan has been restless, dealing with the problems of the country from the usual ones to the most disastrous. Since the 'transference' occurred, there was no good news coming from every department. People are now complaining about the lacking production of consumers and the temporary ban on liquor and the use of karaoke.

He starts to massage his temples and lets out a heavy sigh, "I need to deal with the country's problem for the next six years." Just imagining it makes his stomach hurt, although he runs for the presidency and eventually won, he was not expecting to deal with the current situation where the country is transported to an unknown world.

"What I should I do? Mentor?" He suddenly remembered his mentor's face of disappointment with his current state, he then composed himself and started to think of solutions for the current problem.

He then heard a knock coming from his door, "Enter." He said.

His secretary, Nelson Quirino entered, "Mr.President, a call from Camp Aguinaldo."

Immediately, President Juan contacted the general headquarters of the AFP, "Lieutenant General Alberto Domingo speaking."

"General, this is president Juan, what's the situation there?"

"Sir, our fishermen have spotted multiple galleon ships sailing towards General Santos City, the coast guard, and available navy vessels are now on their way to the said ships." General Ace reported.

"I see, have our fishermen distance themselves from foreign ships, I don't want them to get hurt or anything worst, for now, I will be going in the GHQ."

"Understood, Sir." The call ended. President Juan and his secretary then proceed to travel toward the General Headquarters.

~–~–~–~

The Celebes Sea, 130 km from General Santos City.

Four 30-meter galleon ships armed with 15 cannons on each side are escorting a sole 60-meter ship-of-the-line that is heavily armed with the latest model of cannons 30 on every side.