Chapter 9: The Siege of Solitare

Martsa Katipunan! (Katipunan March)

Credits to: La Banda Militare: Italian and International Military Music.

______________________________________

Karl Bayview Port, Angus Bay.

An 8,000-strong fleet with 150,000 soldiers and sailors aboard is now sailing for the New World Port and the Philippines, the fleet is being led by Admiral Marder Herman.

"Whoever the country Philippines is, they are surely dead meat." He laughingly said.

The fleet consists of main galleons, but there are 15 light iron clads, which are the latest ships of the empire, using a mana engine, it's much faster than galleons, 40-meter in length and armed with 60mm mana cannons, there are also 15 light wyvern carriers that accommodate 350 wyverns, more than half of the dynasty's wyvern strength.

Admiral Marder boast the might of the navy, as pride overtook his brain. Unbeknownst to them, they're being watched by an F-35 at an altitude they could not even think of.

_____________

The Philippine Navy's 1st Naval Ready Force 1, part of the PN's 1st Ready Force Fleet, consists of 2 Mabuhay-class destroyers that were co-developed by the Philippine government and the US government, based on the Arleigh Burke-class design, though it has a completely different weapon system, 6 Jose Rizal II-class frigates, the newest frigate of the navy built that succeeded the Jose Rizal-class, the frigate was heavily armed that it was considered as mini-destroyers and 3 Dugong-class attack submarines, however, the subs were not deployed due to logistics reasons, there was also an addition of 1 Butanding-class amphibious assault ship based on the LPH-6111 design, from the 1st Naval Ready Force Fleet, the Marine Corps sent 2 brigades of marines as well to seize the Karl Bayview Port after eliminating enemy fleet.

In charge of the Naval Task Force, 1 is Rear Admiral John Abad Santos, currently watching the video feed inside the bridge of BRP Sultan Kudarat from one of their F-35s lying above the enemy undetected, "Dios mio, That's a lot of ships, right Captain?"

The captain of the ship, Captain Raymundo Aguilar chucked, "Yes sir, I assume this is their main fleet considering that only a thousand remain on their bases, if we're able to destroy all of them, the seas will be our domain, also, it will cripple their ability to conduct naval attacks and naval invasions, not to mention how long it takes to build this much, must be a lot of money just to end up as our target practice decoys."

Rear Admiral John compliments, "Right, we bring a lot of ammunition for this, this is how we use our people's tax."

Captain Raymundo laughs, "Yeah, ok the bright side is it seems our budget will be tripled, it seems the brass wants to expand the military."

"Well, it's reasonable, considering how large and dangerous this new world is, and good god, the folks here wielded magic! So we need to spam nukes to counter them."

"Seriously? Isn't that an overkill, also do we even have nukes?"

Rear Admiral John grinned, "Well who knows?" He then focused on their fronts, "Oh look! They're now visible."

The horizon was filled with wooden ships, at the front are the ironclads and lighter vessels they refer to as "battleships", they then noticed their dual 80mm guns and 40mm for the smaller vessels, " Aren't those too small? I know ironclads are at least armed with 150mm and even around 200mm, why are theirs small?"