Part 1 - A Day Out

Thank you shudhitaluthra for this lovely cover❤️

Neil Oberoi is a doctor in Delhi's hospital. Despite having his own house in the same city, he prefers to live in a rented apartment because....some personal reasons.

It's Sunday afternoon. Neil is talking to his friend, Bobby over the phone about his plan of shifting to a new house.

Neil: No Bobby! I need a new rented house at the earliest possible. I can't stay here. This lady is just so impossible. I can't tolerate her anymore.

Bobby: Relax Neil! It's not possible to find a new house at such short notice. Moreover, you are demanding a house where the landlord doesn't stay. It will take time. Please have patience.

Neil: I don't have any patience now. Do you even know what she has done today?

Bobby: Ab kya ho gaya yaar?

Neil: Forget it! But she is so rude. She doesn't know how to talk. I have always been polite and humble with her but this lady is so damn arrogant. Now the situation has become unmanageable and out of my control. I can't even stay here for another day.

Bobby: But where will you go? I understand your problem. But you too need to understand and give me some time. I am trying to talk to some property agents. If things work out with any of them, I'll inform you.

Neil: Umm... yeah okay. But please do something as early as possible.

Bobby: Sure. Achha listen, I am driving. I'll revert to you shortly.

Neil: Okay. Bye.

They disconnected.

Bobby is into construction business with his father. Being Neil's a good childhood friend, he is ever ready to help him with the accomodation related issues.

Neil feels hungry and decides to cook something for himself. After preparing lunch, he sets the table and starts eating alone.

"Great Neil Oberoi! You're all alone once again. Will there be anybody for whom you'll enjoy cooking? or with whom you'll enjoy sharing your meals?", Neil asks nobody in particular and continues eating.

After having lunch, he cleans up the kitchen and in the evening goes out to buy some errands.

______________________

Mini Khurana, the elder Khurana sister, is an aspiring singer. For a living, she is currently teaching music to school kids. Her younger sister, Arya Khurana is a little, school going girl. The sisters do not have anybody except each other and one maternal aunt, Poonam. Mini is a doting sister and the only earning member of a family of two, (Arya and herself) ever since her parents' demise.

Sundays are devoted to the outings and shopping for the Khurana sisters. As this is the only day both are free and do not have anything to do in particular. Mini and Arya go for a day out every Sunday and come back in the evening with bags full of clothes and eateries. Sometimes, only window shopping does wonders for them.