Part 8 - Will Neil get a desired house?

Mini and Arya had left for Patiala the next day in the morning.

Arya: Veer Balika, it's my birthday then why are we taking these gifts for Dadu and Biji? They should give me.

Mini chuckled at her innocence and replied,

"Because you're going there for the first time, Arya! And once we reach there, you give these gifts to Dadu and Biji, okay?"

"Why? You bought these gifts. You should give them yourself."

"Yeah, but...they would like these gifts more if you give them with your little hands", Mini replied with a smile.

Arya smiled back but her mind travelled to some other thoughts.

Mini: Kya hua chhutanki? What are you thinking now?

"Veer Balika, have you been to Patiala before?"

"Yes! A lot of times!! When I was of your age, I used to visit Dadu and Biji in my summer vacation and it was so much fun...you know Arya, that city has some magic. It is so peaceful and beautiful, yet exciting at the same time. I'm sure you would love it".

"What will we do there for two days?"

"It will take another half an hour to reach there and we'll celebrate your birthday with Dadu and Biji, and in the evening I'll take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"That's a surprise!"

"Wow! Surprise!? What is it?"

"Arya! It's a surprise!!"

"Okay okay! But what will we do tomorrow?", She asked with shine in her eyes and zeal in her voice.

"Arya, if I tell you everything, you'll lose interest. So just wait!"

Arya slouched back at the seat of the bus but her eyes had the same shine.

Neil's hunt for a rented house was still on. With Bobby's help, he had seen some apartments but didn't like any of them.

Neil: Bobby yaar, kab tak aisa chalega? Kuch kar naa!

Bobby: Aur kitna karu? Itne gharo ka toh construction ka kaam bhi nahi kiya maine itne saalo mein, jitne tujhe ek hafte mein dikha diye! Par tujhe kuch pasand hi nahi aata.

Neil: Yaar, mujhe aisa ghar chahiye jahan shanti ho. Tune jitne bhi ghar dikhaye hain un sabme makan malik rehta hai. Tujhe pehle bhi bola tha ki bina landlord wala ghar dekhio.

Bobby: Phir toh bhool ja. Nahi milne wala aisa koi ghar.

Neil: Arre par...

Bobby's phone rang and he took it immediately.

Bobby: Ji aunty... Ji...ek hai... Rent ki fikr mat kijiye aap...aap bataiye kab? abhi aa jata hoon...ji theek hai..

He disconnected the call. Neil looked at him with skeptical eyes while Bobby smiled at him.

Neil: What?

Bobby: Chal..

Neil: Kahan?

Bobby: Chal toh! Raste mein batata hoon.

Mini and Arya reached Patiala. Arya was excited more than before. She looked around the massive and beautiful hall as they both entered the house.

Arya: Wow! Itna bada ghar!! Veer Balika, itne bade ghar mein Dadu Biji akele rehte hain?

Mini looked at her and realised the depth of her innocent question.

Mini: Haan chhutanki. Itna bada ghar aur sirf do log!