Part 26 - When anxiety kicks in!

Neil: By the way, where's your scooty?

Mini: Kyun? Tumhe achhi nahi lag rahi main yahan baithi huyi?

Neil: Just asking...

Mini: My colleague took it. Usey jaldi jana tha. She'll pick me up tomorrow morning. Ab chalo naa.. kitne questions karte ho! Doctor nahi, detective hona chahiye tuha tumhe.

Neil: Very funny.. chalo ab.
_________________________________________

Mini was in the trial room, trying some random dresses while Neil was looking through some formal ties. When she almost done trying, suddenly the lights went off leaving her in complete darkness.

Mini: (to herself) Ye..yeh kya hua? Yeh light kaise..?

As reality sank in, countless dark memories invaded her. She tried opening the door but it was jammed. Her forehead became sweaty as she started panting heavily. She patted the door but her body became weak. The only word she could speak was his name.

Mini: N.. Neil..

Her voice was near to whisper. As Neil was standing a little far from the trial room, he couldn't hear her. She was already breathing fast but slowly was loosing consciousness. Her hand again reached the door and she managed to bang on it.

Mini: Ne.. Neil.. open the d..door... is.. anybody th..there? Neil!!

She managed to shout a little louder. He heard her voice and rushed towards her direction.

Neil: Mini..

Mini: Neil.. op..open the door.

Neil: What happened? Tum theek ho?

Mini: No. I.. I.. can't b... breathe.

Neil: What!?

Mini: It.. it's all d...dark here.. pl.. please help!

Neil: Relax Mini. Kuch nahi hoga. Try opening the door.

Mini: I can't! It's.. ja..jammed!!

Neil: Calm down.. main kuch karta hoon.

He called some people for help and soon some staff members and customers gathered there.

Staff: What happened sir?

Neil: A girl is stuck inside. She's unable to open the door from inside. Please do something.

Staff: Give me a minute sir. I'll get the keys.

Neil: Yes, please. Get it fast!

Mini: N.. Neil..

Neil: Mini, calm down. Bas abhi khol rahe hain. Just 2 minutes... Mini... Mini..? Mini are you listening to me??

Mini: Ha..haan.

Neil: Okay, good. Now take some deep breath.

Mini: I.. I can't..

Neil: Try please. You can, Mini... Think of Arya.. you need to get home. She is waiting for you...waise bahot naraz hogi woh tumse. Main toh bol dunga ki tumhe shopping karni thi isliye late hua hai.

Mini meekly smiled.

Mini: Late.. late toh sach mein.. ho gaya hai.. Neil..

Neil: Mini... Don't say that!! Arya tumhara wait kar rahi hai. Tumhe abhi uske sath apne ghar bhi toh jana hai. Haina?

Mini: Hmm..

Neil: So take deep breaths.

While Neil was trying to divert her mind, the staff was looking for the keys. When they couldn't find it, they came running to Neil and informed him the same.