Chapter Five: Landlord Approved

"Alright, I believe this is all of your stuff. Let me know if you're missing anything." Zaina handed Errō a bag that held their scarf with a clean change of clothes. "I'll give you some privacy to change."

Errō nodded curtly, opening the bag after Zaina left the room. A small smile twitched on their face as they carefully unfolded their scarf. Beautifully blue, soft, and familiar. That was the most important part. Ever so delicately, Errō lifted their scarf to their face and took in a deep breath. The memories that came with the scarf flooded their thoughts. The more unpleasant ones, the dust, and blood that always seemed to follow them wherever they went. And the pleasant memories that came with the scarf, the days they'd spend with Blue eating chocolate and having fun, or the hours they'd spend in Outertale, just sitting in silence in each other's presence.

Errō rubbed the fabric between their fingers before carefully setting it down on the hospital bed. The other contents of the bag was a pair of black pants, a white shirt, dusty blue socks, and a pair of black flip-flops. Errō raised an eyebrow at the contents before throwing the bag to the side. They opened their inventory and scrolled through it before finding the spare change of clothes that Blue had made them carry. It comprised a plain red shirt, black wide-legged pants that had small stitches in the hem, yellow socks, black slippers, and a spare jacket. The jacket was nearly identical to their previous one, but it was cleaner and shorter, having been cut off at Errō's knees.

Errō paused, glitching out for a moment.

They still couldn't help but to wonder how they ended up in this strange multiverse. It definitely wasn't their own magic lashing out to defend themselves. Mainly because they weren't in any active danger, and Fate would have never allowed them to portal into a different multiverse. And it definitely wasn't someone that they knew. No one who they knew possessed such a power to move an entire god into a different plane of time. And it definitely wasn't Fate. So, the only thing that Errō could come up with, was that another type of deity, or entity, moved them under Fate's nose.

"Huh, that's one hell of an idea." Errō chuckled as they unfolded the shirt and slipped it over their head, following it with their pants and socks. They then hastily stuffed their arms into the sleeves of their jacket before fastening the first few buttons. Errō slipped on their slippers, and put their scarf around their neck, collecting the bag they had thrown to the side.

--

Zaina turned around as Errō came out from behind the curtains, wearing a completely different set of clothes than the ones she gave them.

Errō walked over to her and handed her the bag. "I remembered I had a spare change of clothes in my inventory." They said.

Zaina took the bag and placed it up on the counter, nodding. "I can see that! Thanks for bringing this back out, not many people do." She laughed. Grabbing a pen and a clipboard, she handed both to Errō. "So, this is just the discharge sheet. I've filled out most of it like why you were admitted, the date you came in, and today's date; I just need you to put down your name, email, phone number, and home address."

Errō took the clipboard and looked at her, confused. "What the hell is an email, and phone number..?" They stammered, narrowing their eyes.

"Oh, do you not have either of the two?"

Errō nodded.

"Okay then, uhm, I will ask Dream if I can put his information down instead." She smiled, taking the pen and clipboard back from Errō after they signed their name. "But forgetting that for now, I want to go over my treatment plan for you, okay?"

"Okay?" Errō nodded, following Zaina over to a row of chairs, sitting in the one next to her.

"Alright, I know we kind of talked about dehydration and that's why we put you on the IV, and while that was helpful, you need to get more fluids, because we can't keep you on that forever," Zaina began. "So that means that you have to drink about sixty-four ounces of water a day, or about six glasses of water. Things like apples, watermelon, and oranges are an excellent source of water as well."