Chapter Eight: Oh No!

Cross woke up this morning with a bad feeling. The kind of bad feeling had him shaking with anxiety, the kind that made him want to throw up. Nightmare said it was probably nothing, and to "chill out". He also said that if something were wrong Kevin's "animal instincts" would pick up on it immediately...

"I hate to tell you Nightmare, but Kevin doesn't exactly have any...animal instincts." Error said with a grimace.

Nightmare gasped loudly. "What would possess you to say such a thing?!"

"Kevin is literally eating out a ramen cup with slippers on!" Error yelled back, "What about that screams, normal chicken to you!?"

"He is very normal to me!"

As Nightmare and Error were bickering the door was suddenly broken through. This was a fairly common occurrence for the trio, having their home broken into.

Ink was standing on their door, paintbrush in hand.

Cross peeked his head out from the kitchen. There's that bad feeling.

Ink had also brought back up. Great, just freaking great.

Nightmare flew up and snatched Kevin from the couch, clutching him tight against his chest. "Let's get out of here!"

Cross flew out of the kitchen, wielding his knife.

Just as he was about to stab Ink in the gut, blue strings swiftly grabbed him. "We don't have time! We gotta go!" Error yelled. Leaving no room to argue with him, Error pulled Cross through a portal with Nightmare and Kevin in tow.

"Don't let them escape!" Ink sounded slightly frantic as he raced after the trio, forcing Error's portal to remain open.

--

Errō hummed as they tied off the last stitch of their bandanna. Now all they had to do was add in the more minor details in white thread.

Errō then frowned as they continued to stare at their newly made bandanna. They needed to wash it. They blinked down to their scarf; it was a dull, purple-ish blue instead of the bold blue it should be...They should probably clean it as well.

"Meow!"

Errō looked beside them where the strange cat was sitting. They lifted a hand and lightly scratched behind its shredded ears; the cat purred and arched into their hand. "What are you still doing here, Cat?" They asked tiredly.

The cat meowed again, lower this time as it opened its eyes. It swished its tail slowly, eyes glued to Errō's.

Lifting their hand away, Errō looked out the window. They frowned, it was nearly sunset; they didn't have time to wash anything. Errō stood up, walked into the kitchen, and scoured through the drawers. They knew that most of the time people almost always had a box of matches in their kitchen drawers. At least Blue did.

Ah-ha!

Letting out a relieved huff of air, Errō grabbed a disheveled box of matches. They looked back outside. "I should get going..." They thought to themselves. They only have an hour. Tucking the box of matches in their pocket Errō whisked out the front door.

Cat's ears pricked up. What on earth is that big oaf doing? It shouldn't be going outside alone. Growling softly, Cat jumped off the couch and bounded after the strange creature.

--

"Watch out!" Error yelled, yanking Cross away from an incoming attack from Ink.

Cross yelped as Error yanked him harshly to the right. "Don't pull my freaking arm off!"