Chapter Ten: On The Downlow

"Ahhh-ha!" Nightmare exclaimed as he jumped behind a bush for the fifth time. "Gotcha!" He rolled onto his back and threw Kevin up into the air.

"Great... Can we go now? It's getting dark." Error muttered, a heaviness in his voice that told Nightmare he was tired.

Kevin bucked slowly, ruffling his wings as Nightmare rolled onto his feet. "Sure! Let's go into this stranger's house of whom we only have a vague feeling of knowing!" Nightmare grabbed Error's hand tightly. "Nothing could possibly go wrong!"

Error sighed, he had a point... But he didn't feel like Errō had any ill will towards them. It's not something he can explain, but there's just a feeling deep in his soul that he should be able to trust Errō. They must have landed here by fate.

The two friends and one chicken walked out of the sparse forest and down to Errō's house. When they got there, the door was wide open.

"Uhm...Hello?" Error called out, taking a cautious step into the house.

Errō stepped into their line of sight, holding the same cat from before and they were also wearing a blue bandanna. "Uh...hi."

"Hi..." Error greeted slowly.

"You guys can come in," Errō said, gesturing to step inside with a vague hand wave. "The um-guest room is ready...I'm gonna go to bed." They walked away, disappearing into the hall. "If you need anything, wake me up!"

Nightmare set Kevin down on the floor, and he immediately flew onto the couch. "Well, Kevin likes the place. That's a good sign!"

Error nodded hesitantly, motioning for Nightmare to close the door. "We should probably go to the bedroom," He said. "We need to talk about this...entire situation."

"...yeah...Let's do that." Nightmare agreed.

They walked further into the house and into the same hallway their host went down. It was dark, but warm and welcoming. They walked into what they assumed was the guest room, as the light was on and the door was wide open. The bed was pushed against the wall closest to the window; the comforter was a dark navy blue with a fluffy, white throw blanket draped over the edge. Dark oak bedside tables sat on either side of the bed, each with a lamp and a small book.

"This is nice!" Nightmare exclaimed, walking over to the bed and flopping onto his back.

Error hummed, shutting the door behind them and sitting next to Nightmare. "We should start thinking of a plan to get Cross back. Dream probably put him in the stupidly complex cell." He muttered, laying next to Nightmare, who rolled over to look at him.

"What did we do last time?" He asked.

"Well, we went in with no plan and ended up getting arrested, AND laughed at." Error rolled his eyes. "So, we're not doing that again."

"Fair. Well, maybe we can like..." Nightmare trailed off. "Hold on, I'm using all my brain cells to figure this out..."

"And they're all fighting for third place..." Error said woefully. He patted Nightmare's head, ruffling his hair as if trying to spark some wires in his friend's head.

Nightmare rolled his eyes, puffing out his cheeks. He lay there thinking with his hands up in the air before a light bulb went off in his head. "Oo! What if we send in Kevin for a distraction, and then you and I can bust into the room that Cross is in, and then BOOM!" He yelled, throwing his arms to the side and smacking Error in the face.

Error jolted, slapping his hand over Nightmare's mouth. "Be quiet! We don't wanna wake up Errō." He nodded his head to the door, with a glare that sent chills down Nightmare's spine.