②_A Fateful Meeting

Once you took your place on the helo, you adjusted the cap over your head, so that the braid stayed fixed behind your neck; despite your light clothing, it was very hot and you had to wipe your forehead every time because of the sweat.

On the contrary, Jason seemed to be used to it and simply kept his head bent, so as not to be bored by the sexist jokes of his companions, until Rachel ruined their mood with her own and Merwin didn't take it very well, of course...but then, he decided to bore someone else's flight.

《It's this your first time, li'l sis? If you get scared down there, I can just cover your back...》 The Asian marine said with a grin on his face, as he looked in your direction, but you remained silent.

《Oh I see now, you're waiting for your big bro and give you consent to answer, huh?》

This time, Jason got composed and with his back straight to face the corporal with a bored expression, tired of hearing him bother you again.

《Merwin, I swear–》

But you preceded him.

《Trust me, he's just doing you a favor, not that I want to screw one of his soldiers in front of everyone and just for the second time, don't ya think?》 You cracked a smile looking in the direction of the Corporal and Eric sitting next to him, intent on smiling too, definitely you could have such a nice temper...

《Ooh really? Try me baby when we're done there and you'll see—》

《Ok that's enough Merwin, stop with this shit.》 Jason snorted loud and clear, before taking a look at you after your tease. The other did as he was told with a pissed expression and just under the hidden giggles of his friend Joey, who hadn't stopped laughing yet.

Later, the red light inside the helo turned on, warning you all of the next descent on the land.

《We're good to go, marines! This is what we were sent here to do and may God be my witness, we're gonna succed!》

Suddenly, Jason told everyone and after that, him and the other marines shouted a certain "OORAH!" that you found a little funny, just like seeing your brother so confident in what he was doing...sometimes, you wished you had the same confidence he had, because you couldn't stop being tense.

《Your alright Y/n?》 But you snapped out of your thoughts when heard him calling you.

《Yeah, just fine and dandy. Don't worry marine.》 You winked at him with a smiling dimple 《But you look so thoughtful, Jason...something's troubling you, I can feel it.》

There, you reached out to him and patted his right leg repeatedly as you stared into his hazel eyes, so different from your green ones; but if seen well, you had some spots of the same color as him.

《As I said earlier, you shouldn't be here. Promise me you'll never walk away, okay?》

You nodded when your brother said that, definitely he was worried about you and the last thing he wanted was for you to get hurt. Anyway, he was forced to leave the helicopter now and before the raid began, he put on a gas mask.

It was almost a relief that there were no soldiers and once down, the first lieutenant and his team sneaked into some old houses and captured their owners, who turned out to be shepherds. At this point, all that remained was to find what you all were there for, which was a chemical weapons depot, most likely an underground silo, or so Eric's program had found.

《...you took a risk giving up the element of surprise, Lieutenant. But it looks like it paid off. No casualties and clean work.》 Once the area was secured, Colonel King reached Jason's position to congratulate his work 《Nonetheless, any holdout Iraqis might now be on high alert.》