③_The Butterfly Effect

USA - April 27th, 2003

《So, what did you want to tell me?》

You placed a forearm on the steering wheel of your car, as you looked Evan, your boyfriend, straight in the eye and didn't hold back a small smile. You two had been together for three years and right there, you believed this was the right time to take an important step for your life as a couple, to achieve a new goal together...

...but you still didn't know which way he would take that step, much less that it would be a back one.

《I don't want to hide it anymore...》 He started talking without being able to look you in the eye and with an expression was anything but relaxed; you raised a palm to his shoulder to calm him down, but suddenly stopped when he said the rest of the sentence.

《...I was seeing someone else.》

Although you had a lot of other things going through your head and that you could have clarified, you remained silent, maybe because you thought it was a bad joke...anyway, when Evan finally looked you in the eye, you finally understood that he wasn't joking.

《It's been three months.》 He added in a low voice 《It happened the day you stayed out. I thought it was going to be a one night stand's thing, but...damn Y/n, you're never at home and I was tired of waiting. And every single night.》

You couldn't help but laughing foolishly, not caring if it was right or not 《Clinic. I was late from the clinic and from the work that allows us to live properly. And you fuckin' know this very well Evan, why do you say it like you mean nothing to me

《Because that's how it looks on the outside!》 Your boyfriend punched the dashboard of the car and you fell into a brief silence.

《This is not the way to build something together Y/n, no if you're not there by my side...I...I don't want to lose you and–》

《And you should have thought about it before screwing everything up. Shit Evan, after all this time...how could you do this to me?!》

Suddenly, you took your bag and got out of the car, trying in vain to hold back the tears; the other man tried to chase you in the middle of the road, shouting your name repeatedly but you didn't turn to him. By now, you had decided to send him to Hell, along with all the dreams and plans that you had done with him.

《...go fuck yourself.》

Of course, at that time you didn't know that you would be plunged into a real Hell and just some time later.

• • •

《Y/N!!!》

A terrible whistle stunned your ears and so suddenly, before you recognized Clarice's voice and her kneeling figure beside you.

《Finally, you fucking scared the shit out of me!》 She added in a worried and somewhat hasty tone.

《W-where we are...》 You managed to say despite the pains in general, but luckily you didn't seem to have anything broken when you tried to get back on your feet, as well as being back in that bad present, definitely it wasn't the right time to dream about certain things.

《What about you, are you okay?》

《What do you think, doc?》 She scoffed a little, now with the dust on and with the hands resting on her hips 《And don't know, I think we are...in a sort of cave. Nice huh?》