①①_Back To You

USA - July 22nd, 2003
NEW YORK

For the umpteenth time, you checked that you had locked the door before leaving. You always did it, every day when you were the last to leave the clinic. Just that, today was different and a few hours earlier, your brother hadn't stopped calling to tell you to come home early.

Sure, how could you forget your own birthday??

You sighed a little when you saw that you were a quarter of an hour late, definitely Jason wouldn't have waited for you to enter your house, since he had a copy of the keys...anyway when you arrived at the door, you saw him run from the other side of the street in the same way as you.

《Damn I thought I was the only one late!》 He said as he caught his breath. Meanwhile, you noticed a small package in his hands, thank goodness you had bought the cake!

《Don't worry, it's not another book.》 Jason joked as he followed you to your apartment.

《You know I like them, it's okay if you do it.》 You answered with a slight chuckle 《That's why I made you another cap, the other one you had was ruined by now.》

This time, it was the marine's turn to laugh and proudly adjusted the blue cap he was wearing, no way most of the caps he had were all gifts from you...anyway, a smile graced his lips in advance of what was soon to come.

《I see you're still studyin' it...》 Just then, Jason's eye fell on a bilingual dictionary left on the table, where it was clearly written Arabic-English on the cover.

《Yes. I've been busy lately so there are still some things left to look for...》 You explained as you set aside your work stuff to make yourself more comfortable with a ponytail and a home shirt 《...there are still words he said to me that I can't understand.》

After that, you turned to the fridge to open it, ignoring your brother's serious expression, as he understood who you meant. But his mouth dropped open when saw you with a big knife in your hand, ready to cut the big cake that had sprung up before his eyes.

《H-how did you find–》

《I went to the pastry shop this morning. I made it in time 'cause it was the last one left.》 You looked away with a satisfied smile when saw Jason practically drooling over his favorite cake since he was a kid. But before you sliced ​​it up, Jason quickly grabbed your hand and turned it to you with the palm facing the ceiling.

《Happy birthday sis.》 After that, Jason placed the package he was carrying on it, leaving you with a surprised, but definitely confused face...out of curiosity, you started to unwrap it, until remained just a letter.

《Jason...》 It was filled with marks and stamps, sign that it had traveled for a while and you instantly shuddered when read where it came from 《H-how did you–》

《It wasn't easy to get it back. You know, it's been stuck here for over a month...》 He crossed his fingers over the table when he said that, leaving you speechless, if not downright shocked.

《So? Don't wanna know who sends this to you?》 Jason let out a snort when he didn't see you open the letter, which you started to dismiss it with unexpected ardor, no doubt that you didn't know who was the author of the letter.

And just thinking about it made you smile, and more when you read Salim's name on the yellowish paper...

"I wrote this letter some time after your departure, I hope that somehow, it has reached you. The truth is, I've never stopped thinking about you and I hope that one day, we can see each other again...