A Wardens Visit

To sleep last night was difficult. The cells didn't have anything inside them but a pillow and blanket. No bed. No place to hide anything. It was an early wake up call. Opening your eyes, there is a very well dressed Lady fiddling a pocket watch.

"You've caused quite an awful stirrup with some very important people. You know honestly I don't think the people on this floor are deserving of this, like you. But rules are rules. You can call me Warden T. I run this place by myself. Anybody that comes in here is of some importance. I've read your file, but there wasn't much there than a bunch of extra gibberish. Anytime that bozo brings someone in, it's always put to an extreme. I'd like to understand what you did exactly, your side of the story if you will. Don't worry I'll come in to the cell and have a chat. Great thing about these cells are I can soundproof them." She unlocks the door enters. "Wow! They didn't even give you any furniture? Here, don't fret I'll set you up with some chairs, desk and a bed." A click of the fingers and the stuff had magically appeared in the room. "Come have a seat. I'd like to discuss your future here. You got questions feel free to ask! Only thing I can't tell you is classified information. There not much of that here though. I'm an open book."

Pulling up the seat, you sit down at the desk, across from the Warden. "Where is Unus And Annus? Will I get out of here? What about my home?", you ask. The Warden responded. "Don't worry about home, in here time is frozen to the outside. Unless you know how to unwarp time for yourself. There's a few here who know how to do that. Baffles me why you would want to know that kind of thing. Where you came in at will be the same time you leave. In your case though, that's a bit of a underlying condition. You can't leave until Unus and Annus have paid their dues. You see, they have major time and crime cases built upon them. I think it was harmless fun but to the council, well... they don't see it that way. Both of them are in level -5 awaiting trial. They'll probably be gone by the end of the week here. It's quite a shame if you ask me. Now that that's out of the way tell me. Do you think that they deserve to parish? How did you get into all of this mess. Surely you must've covered for them in some way? And did you really hit that fellow? What's their name... Ah! REDACTED. It's says in my notes you um, hit it... with a tactical shovel??? I see why your here now if this is correct?"

Shaking your head without hesitating, you explained the reason why you hit it with the shovel, and how it came to happen in the first place. Telling the Warden all the details, from the hourglass to the spiral staircase disappearance. There was no doubt in your mind that Unus & Annus didn't deserve any of this. Going to the extreme, some choice words were said that REDACTED had done much worse. It should be the one in a jail cell right now.

Warden T. rebutted after all you had to say. "Well I agree with you in that REDACTED should be in here. The one time I thought about showing feeling towards someone they stand me up on a date. They said time was too important to them. Standing up a lady in itself should put you in here."

"Listen, I know that I'm in here but is there a way to at least talk to Unus and Annus before everything goes down? It can't end like this. Please?"

" I think it's a truly splendid idea however there are rules put into place for a reason. If it were to happen I would have to personally escort you. Here let's strike a deal. I won't tell REDACTED of anything that has happened here today but I'd like to give you an opportunity to talk with them first. You can either choose to plead and get yourself let go and maybe they as well, or... well you could tell them off for me and in return I'll let you visit them. How does that sound?"

Shaking your head agreeing, a phone appears and  begins to ring. It's a hologram phone to see the receiver while you talk. REDACTED picks up. They are sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other, along with the timer in hand. "Ah well do my eyes deceive me or is that the one I was left no choice but to drag to the IDBC. You truly were a pain, but alas, I still had some tricks up my sleeve. And thanks for lending me us that beautiful necklace of yours. I'm not the worst person in the world so do please forgive me. I've fixed the hourglass and you're necklace with my time powers. Unfortunately they have no power to teleport Unus Annus to you. I have no idea how they managed that feat. It's with your other belongings for when you leave the IDBC"

"Listen I really don't care about your apology. In fact you should apologize to the Warden in here. Standing someone up, I mean seriously? Clearly you have no class." With a smug look on your face , you turn to the side. "I however do apologize for trying to hold up your justice. Is there any chance of you letting me out early? Or perhaps all 3 of us? Do you have the heart for that? If not maybe just a little visit?"

REDACTED uncrosses their leg and leans into the screen. Listen you little brat "Warden T is crazy! Apparently you haven't met her truly. As for those requests. Unfortunately as I've already stated, you and Unus Annus will stay in there until their sentence date. And no contact is permitted. Sorry but I have these instructions put in place for a reason. Now if you excuse me I must be leaving. I can sense a fuming stare from somewhere."

Warden T shoved you out of the way and screamed into the hologram " You're darn right! You think I'm crazy?! YOU ARE THE ONE HOW CARRIERS AROUND AN A TIMER! If you step in the IDBC until the sentence date I will see that you are out in here for standing me up! YOU HERE ME!"

The call was immediately ended after the last word. " what the heck was that for? That hurt" , you said getting to your feet.

"Sorry but they deserve it. Sometimes I think he's in a relationship with that damn Timer. It took everything I had to ever separate them. REDACTED always appeared sick when they were apart. Anyways, thank you for your words. In return I will let you visit them. I'll take you down there now, but remember, I will be watching you. I may look weak to you maybe, but I could take everyone in here by myself. Let's go see your friends"

Following warden T. down a hallway to an elevator, a card is swiped and it opens. Stepping inside, it took a full minute to reach floor -5. The elevator opens to something unexpected...