Epilogue

Diana settled in the cool bath savoring the scent of jasmine that surrounded her. Her life after her Prince proposed to her had been a dream. While it had its difficult moments, it was offset by the devotion that she had for her husband and vice versa.

The doctor had been there nearly 30 minutes before confirming what she had suspected these past few weeks. Diana's grin couldn't be contained as she sank deeper, it was bound to happen soon or later considering how vigorous their physical relationship was. It surprised her it had taken that long. They married in England a year ago, but technically in a secret local ceremony that only Sir Steffan and her brother attended in Cairo, they were "married" for four extra months. The legitimacy could be questioned in polite society but they couldn't care less. 

They had wasted no time after that ceremony, deciding that life was too volatile and could possibly be cut short to wait any longer to spend the rest of their lives together as husband and wife. That night finally alone as husband and wife, Diana discovered a new favorite activity that finally culminated in the little one growing inside her.

"Anything else you need ma'am?" Tinsley chirped excitedly being there when the doctor told her of the news.

"No Tinsley, please enjoy the rest of the afternoon off." Diana grinned. "I suspect once I tell him we will have to return to England and will be busy."

They were currently in Turkey, Diana and Fredrich now acting as ambassadors for the new Kaiser, his brother. They toured the countries to improve the relations, trade routes, and deals that the previous Kaiser had neglected.

Diana sighed keeping her senses aware to pinpoint when Freddie would return from his meeting.

She thought of England, when they had returned together to marry it surprised her that the Queen welcomed her back with kindness, it had taken Lady Danbury to convince her to give an apology for trying to frighten her off from the Prince. Eventually, she gifted them a special license to marry quickly.

Diana heard the door open, hearing Freddie's footsteps approach closer. In quick strides, he stood grinning down at her but she could see he was tired. 

"The meeting took much of my time." he explained as he yanked his cravat off.

Diana didn't respond admiring everything about her husband, his movements as he removed his jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his arms. The muscles there always tantalized her.

"At least it's done, they agreed to my brother's new terms and will benefit both our kingdoms." he said kicking his boots off as he poured a glass of wine. "You are unusually quiet? No opinion?" he cocked his head at her.

Diana with a smile serene smile replied, "I think we might have to go back to England."

"Oh?" he raised a brow. "Did Darcy find a wife? Or has my mother finally driven yours mad?" he laughed. Diana met his mother, the quiet Queen was a sullen woman when she first met her.  Now free, she bloomed in England becoming friends with the matrons there gaining strength from them to finally be herself.

"No. Though it is still a possibility." Diana giggled as he kneeled beside her. With a boyish grin, he captured a kiss from her. She decided kissing him was one of her favorite things that never got old.

The sweet kiss turned heated, his mouth invading hers letting her taste the sweetness of the wine on his tongue. Playfully she giggled holding his face and pulling him into the tub with her, clothes and all. The water sloshed out of the tub as they laughed, bracing himself over her his hands pulled her flush against his, his larger frame not quite fitting the tub meant for one person.

"I will have to commission a bigger tub." he murmured against her lips.

"Agreed." she smiled sighing happily as his hands roamed all over her body easily lighting the fire in her veins. His hands moved down across her belly towards his intended target, this reminded her of what she needed to say to him.

She grabbed his wandering hand surprising him, wide-eyed he looked up at her confused making it one of her favorite expressions she got to see.

"Are you alright?" he asked, brow pinched with worry.

"Before I forget, I said we might need to return to England but as usual you distracted me yet again." Diana chided playfully.

"I can't help it, you are looking distractedly enticing in the tub." he grinned.

"Well, it's YOUR distractions like that, that are forcing us to go back to England." Diana replied.

He blinked quietly peering at her with suspicion. "I suppose I need a hint."

Diana took his hand, which had settled around her waist, placing it over her belly. "Ever since we got married, you exceeded my expectations on what married life could be, and now we have a little one joining us."

Freddie stared at her, quiet, face blank. Diana's smile quickly faded as the silence drew out too long.

"Freddie?" Diana squeezed his hand. "Freddie!"

A grin broke on his face planting her face with kisses and pulled her into a hug. Diana pushed him away, "Good lord, you worried me for a moment, I thought you were seized with apoplexy and left me a widow."

He ignored her planting more kissing all over her person. "You cannot fathom the happiness I feel."

She savored the moment imprinting this memory as one of her favorites. Never tiring of the adoration his blue eyes gave her, she replied with a coy smile, "Show me."

A/N: 

Thanks for sticking through this, hopefully, the ending was satisfying. I am going to let this story marinate a while and I think I'll return and edit it some more. There were things in the story I think could use adjustments. If you have thoughts about it, I'd like to hear them!

Thank you for every vote, every comment, every collection to your library, and every view. It is pretty overwhelming that people read this. 

Now for the future! There are a few stories I am playing with and I'd love to hear what you want to read. 

Post-Bridergton Season 2 - I had some serious THOUGHTS on an Edwina/Prince Freidrich story. There is a lot of potential there. 

I have another story about a Renegade Princess and her childhood rival is a Prince in another country. Classic enemies to lover story, right now not sure if I want to set it in the Edwardian Era, Victorian or Regency.