Chapter 6: The Date and The Engagement

——————————🕷——————————

Gomez, Morticia, Fester and Debbie were all sitting at a table at a very fancy restaurant.

"It's our favorite bistro. We've been coming here for years." Gomez told Debbie.

"Of course, it has been redone." Morticia commented.

"Oh, it's just lovely. Isn't it Fester?" Debbie turned to Fester who had a piece of bread in his mouth.

"Fester?" Gomez urged.

Fester awkwardly took the half eaten bread out of his mouth and handed it to Debbie.

"It's a quaint French custom. Sharing half-eaten bread." Morticia saved.

"Fester is truly continental, he spent many years abroad." Gomez boasted.

"He speaks twelve languages. Fluently."

"I could tell. You know, when I first saw him, I thought he was from Europe." Debbie said.

"You did?" Fester asked.

"It's true."

"But I took a bath."

Gomez and Morticia glanced at each other.

...

In the bathroom of the restaurants, Morticia and Debbie were touching up their makeup.

"Fester's really a wonderful man. He's just terribly shy." Morticia explained.

"Really, I just can't tell, does he like me at all?" Debbie asked.

"Of course he does. He vomited." Morticia reassured.

"That's true. Does he always do that with women he likes?"

"Oh no. Just you."

...

"Do you think she minded?" Fester asked Gomez.

"Of course not. She adores you." Gomez reassured.

"Gah! I'm making such a mess of things!" Fester scolded himself. "Gomez, how do you do it? How can I be like you? How can I be suave?"

"Woo her, admire her, make her feel like she is the most sublime creature in Earth." Gomez told him.

"Yes! That's it?"

Gomez nodded, just as the two women returned from the bathroom.

"We're back. Noses powdered." Morticia announced.

Fester and Gomez stood up and pulled out their chairs.

"Perfection achieved." Gomez complimented. "We are the luckiest brothers on Earth! We are, unworthy of such splendor, undeserving of such radiance."

Gomez nudged Fester to get him to say something.

"Uh...That's right! We should have...ugly girls!" He added.