Chapter 14: A Shocking Turn of Events

——————————🕷——————————

The Addams family were now all in the attic, strapped down to electric chairs. While Debbie stood in front of them holding a remote.

"I don't want to hurt anybody. I don't enjoy hurting anybody." She told them. "I don't like guns or bombs or electric chairs. But sometimes people just won't listen! So I have to use persuasion. And slides."

Debbie pressed a button on the remote and a slideshow appeared on a screen. A lovely couple stood in the front yard of a house.

"My parents. Sharon and Dave. Generous, doting...or were they? All I ever wanted was a ballerina Barbie, in her pretty pink tutu. My birthday!"

Another slide appeared of a young Debbie opening her birthday presents.

"I was ten. And do you know what they got me? Malibu Barbie!" She raged.

"Malibu Barbie." Morticia gasped.

"The nightmare." Gomez said.

"The nerve."

The next slide appeared and it showed Debbie surrounded by shredded wrapping paper, with an enraged look on her face.

"That's not what I wanted! That's not who I was! I was a ballerina! Graceful! Delicate! They had to go."

The next slide showed her house completely engulfed in flames.

...

Downstairs in Puberts room, the baby grabbed a knife from his baby mobile and started cutting through his crib.

...

"My first husband."

A picture of a doctor appeared on the screen.

"The heart surgeon. All day long, coronaries, transplants!" She complained.

"What about your needs?" Grandmama asked.

"'Sorry about dinner, Deb. The pope has a cold.'" She repeated.

The next slide showed the doctor cowering in fear with the shadow of an axe appearing in the corner.

"An axe! That takes me back." Grandmama sighed happily.

...

Meanwhile, Pubert had managed to cut through his crib and was now crawling on the floor. As he crawled out of the room, he nudged into his dresser causing a cannonball to fall behind him. It rolled out of the room and down the hall.

...

"Husband number two. The Senator."

A picture of a smiling man sitting behind his desk appeared.

"He loved his state, he loved his country."

"What about Debbie?" Grandmama asked.

"'Sorry, Debbie, no Mercedes this year! We have to set an example!'" She whined.

"Oh, yeah? Set this!"