Changbin • Crush

plot summary:
Y/N is Chan's cousin and finds herself with a massive crush on his fellow bandmate Changbin. Will he reciprocate?

Requested by:
So_Soobins_dimples_

*

You examined yourself closely in the mirror that hung in the bathroom of your tiny, one bedroom apartment. The mirror was cracked slightly across the middle, which distorted your face ever so slightly but you could still get a good look at yourself.

You ran your fingers delicately through your hair, trying to look as neat as possible. You had applied just a little bit of makeup today. You didn't want it to look like you had applied makeup, however.

You had stuck to a basic natural look: a little bit of mascara, some concealer around your problem areas and a lip gloss that wasn't too thick or heavy.

You found yourself thinking that you looked quite pretty, actually. But wondered whether or not your crush would think so, too.

He's famous. He's probably dated women far more beautiful than me, you thought to yourself. Do I even have a small chance? You decided probably not.

Changbin hardly even noticed you when you hung out with your cousin, Chan. Other members took more interest in you, primarily Felix, who you got on with pretty well.

Maybe that was because you had more in common. Even when you tried to talk to Changbin in the past, you struggled not to come across as a bumbling idiot.

It was a nervous habit you always had. When you were around someone you liked, you messed up your words, said the wrong things, just generally made a fool out of yourself.

You sighed deeply. Deciding you were spending too much time focusing on something you couldn't ever see happening.

You stepped into your small bedroom, quickly getting changed into a simple summer dress. It was a soft yellow colour, which suited your blank skin tone well. You slipped on your shoes as you received a text from Chan.

Chan: hey that's me outside!

You two had been hanging out quite a lot since you moved to South Korea for college. You had always been close cousins, ever since you were kids, but he moved away to South Korea to join JYP entertainment a long time ago. Since then, you had only ever really spoke through texts and the occasional Skype call when he had free time.

Which, granted, hadn't been often. Been a trainee was tough work. Then, you moved over to Korea and suddenly your friendship blossomed again.

He had immediately invited you to JYP, where you met all the trainees and idols that worked there

It was a great experience and you could see your cousin was greatly respected there. Then you met his group, stray kids, and in particular you met Changbin.

You had, of course, listened to your cousins music before, watched his music videos and liked them all to support him. At first, it was just to support your cousin but very quickly you started tuning in because you had developed a crush on one of the members. Changbin.