Chapter 10: Better Now

Harry had barely slept for weeks. He's been trying to contact Crystal in any way he can, every single day but to no avail.

All he wanted was his baby girl back. It was time I finally spoke to him about what he wanted to do about the whole situation.

Both he and Starr lived together in a house down the street, one that Liam and I paid for. It wasn't anything too big, just enough for the kids to stay in while they get back on track. Who knows, we may be able to use it as an investment property in the future.

"Where are you off to?" Liam asked, puzzled as to why I was leaving on our monthly movie night, it was perfect weather for it, cold and rainy as per normal.

"I need to speak to Harry about all this stuff with Crystal, and if he wants to take her to court". I replied while grabbing my coat from the hanger at the front door.

He sighed, "but it's our movie night... can't we just have one full month without drama?"

"No Liam, this is serious. We have to hold Crystal accountable for her ridiculous actions. I won't be too long, I promise".

"Ugh, okay! I love you". He said with a grin.

"I love you too. Okay, see you soon".

*5 minutes later*

I found myself at the front door, around 3pm, ringing the doorbell.

The door was opened by a young woman I'd never seen before. She looked to be around Starr's age so I just assumed they must be friends.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The girl asked, looking at me like it was an inconvenience that I had shown up at the house I had bought for my kids.

"Uh, I'm here to speak to my son. I'll be entering the house, thanks. What's your name?"

Realising who I was, she stepped aside and closed the front door behind me before answering, "Amber. I'm Starr's girlfriend".

I was in shock. Starr had never mentioned she was attracted to girls. Didn't matter right now though, I needed to speak with Harry before I spoke to Starr about this. "Nice to meet you then Amber. I hope you're treating my daughter well. Now, do you know where Harry is?"

"Of course, I tre-" Amber had begun to reply before I heard a yell from the kitchen.

I walked through the living room and into the kitchen. He stood up from the stool and gave me a big hug. "Hey, Mum! What brings you here? I thought you were having a movie night with Uncle Liam?"

I sighed, "yeah, that is still going ahead, but I need to talk about something with you first. Somewhere private, preferably".

I could see the fear in his eyes, I had fear within myself too. We went into the study room and shut the door behind us.

"So, Mum, what's up?"

"I was thinking I would like to ask you how you felt about taking Crystal to court and try to get you full custody of Skye. How do you feel about that?"

Harry let out a sigh of relief. "That would be amazing if we can try that. I just want my daughter back".

I smiled at him. "Of course, love, you haven't done anything wrong. None of this would have happened if Noel and I weren't incompetent parents back then. Anyway, leave it with me, I'll sort it out".

Harry gave me a hug and we decided to have a cup of tea before I went back to Liam.

After half an hour, I walked in the door, getting a whiff of something that smelt delicious.

As I walk into the kitchen, I am shocked. But in a good way for once. On the table are candles, and a vase of sunflowers, they are my favourite. Liam had cooked me a rack of lamb, roasted potatoes, and roasted vegetables, along with a big glass of non-alcoholic wine.

"Liam! What is all this?"

"Something you deserve. I can tell you've been stressed lately, so I wanted you to have a night where you could forget about everything. So tonight is all about us".

I ran up and jumped into his arms, and us kissing for what felt like forever. I was grateful to be married to such a sweet man.

Time to forget about everything and be happy.

*

A/N: damn this feels weird. I never thought I would be updating this book ever again. thank you to Wattpad help for helping me get back into this account. and to anybody that reads this, thank you! if anyone would like to comment here, so I know if there is anyone still around that would be much appreciated!