Chapter 2: Married With Children

The night went by really well. Gene and Donovan slept through the whole night while the rest of us went to sleep not too long after our hot chocolates that I made.

It is now lunchtime, Liam and I haven't heard anything about what's happening with Sonny. Liam decided to head to the studio for a little bit, sudden spark of inspiration inside of him. He mentioned he was planning on calling this song 'Universal Gleam'. I told him it was fine but he just had to keep his phone on so I can call him to come down if anything happens.

I made sandwiches for the kids, Luke was getting ready to go on a fourth date with a girl he fancies. I am yet to meet her but she seems lovely from what Luke has told me.

Lennon went out with friends, they decided to go to a nearby theme park. As the kids were eating, I heard a knock at the front door. I looked through the peephole and nearly passed out.

Harrison and Starr stood there. Harry would have been nineteen and Starr seventeen. I opened the door, barely functioning and said, "it's been a while".

Harry wrapped his arms around me. Starr gave me a hug straight after, then they walked inside.

I led them to the living room and sat them down. "Hey, can I get you guys give me a minute, I just have something to do real quick".

They both nodded in unison. I ran upstairs to the studio and barged in, "Liam you need to take the kids out of the house. I'm begging you".

"Babe, I'm in the zone. Why can't yo-" Liam started.

"Harry and Starr are here". I interrupted.

"What?!" He exclaimed, placing his wooden acoustic guitar on the stand next to him.

"They are in the living room. Can you please gather the kids, take them somewhere so I can talk to my kids and please call Noel to see what's happening with Sonny?" He nodded, racing down the stairs to get the children. He packed a big lunchbox with snacks and drinks. They were gone within minutes. So was Luke, it was time for his date anyway.

I walked down and sat opposite my children. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"We're okay thank you". Starr responded. I smiled at her respect.

"So, you seem to have grown quite a lot since I saw you last and I'm so sorry your dad and I weren't there to see you two age up". I sighed. I was aware nothing could make up for missing so many years of their lives. They were basically adults at this point and I would never gain those years back.

"Well, I saw Uncle Liam walk by. What's happening? Where's dad? Our foster parents kept us away from anything that had to do with the 'Gallagher' family name". Harry stated.

"Since you guys were young, you obviously don't remember that the reason you were taken away was all because Noel and I got divorced. I was labelled an alcoholic and that's why the whole court situation happened. I'm sure you remember that". I replied. They nodded with tears in their eyes as they remembered that day, they were forcefully pulled from our arms.

"I moved to London after that, trying to escape the memories and most importantly the drama with the Gallagher brothers. Fate brought us together again and I married Liam".

Harry stood up, and walked over to a family picture, of me and Liam, with our kids, as well as Noel and Sara and their kids. He picked it up, before sitting back down. "Mum, can you explain this picture?" He questioned.

I pointed to Sonny and Donovan sitting on the ground, on their knees, since they were the smallest. "Okay, these are your half brothers because they are Noel's youngest, Sonny and Donovan. On the far left is Luke, Harry do you remember playing with Luke as a kid? He was Paul and Cassie's only child." He nodded.

"Of course I do, wait.. then why is he in the family picture and not Uncle Paul and Auntie Cassie?" I frowned.

"They passed away a few years back. Cassie had cancer and because of that Paul ended his life a week later". Their mouths were wide open in shock.

"Anyway... next to Luke is the first child I had with Liam, Lennon. Then is Gene, he is our youngest. Then obviously me and Liam. Next is Noel and his wife Sara. They started dating when I was pregnant with Lennon. They have three kids, Donovan and Sonny which I have already mentioned then there is Anais. She is their oldest. Lastly on the far right is your grandmother, hopefully you remember, Grandma Peggy?" Starr nodded.

"Also, there is a reason why Anais and Donovan are here, it's not just a fun day out, Sonny is sick and there is something wrong with him. Noel and Sara have been at the hospital since midnight".

Starr gave Harry a certain look and a nudge before he spoke up, "mum, there is something I must tell you. Starr has been trying to convince me to tell you so I will. You're a grandmother. My fiance gave birth to our daughter last year".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I have to tell Noel. I picked up my phone and dialed Noel's number, putting the call on speaker.