Chapter 6: Sad Song

A/N: hey!!! sorry for not posting for nearly a year :0  life has been crazy for the world lately, and i finally felt as if i needed to find an escape. i hope y'all like the new chapter. i have a bunch of new ideas finally. love y'all sm xx

t was 3:14 am and I woke up to the sound of the home phone ringing. I raced downstairs, trying not to wake Liam up on my way. Unfortunately, I ran too fast that the stairs creaked loudly and it woke up the whole family. Well, everybody except for Luke. He was already awake writing his novel. 

Liam followed me down the stairs, wiping his eyes. He just sat on the lounge and watched me as I answered the phone. "Hello?" I answered in an irritated tone. 

What I heard next broke my heart in a way I didn't think was possible. "Mum, I got into a bad car accident. I am luckily not harmed but I can't say the same for Skye. I am jumping into the ambulance now and we are going to see if she's okay. It's not looking good. I don't want to lose her. I am so sorry", Harry stated.

My legs collapsed. I couldn't believe this. Was it his fault? "Please keep me updated as soon as you know what's going on and text me the details of what hospital you are going to be at. Liam and I will come as soon as we can. I will try to bring Noel and Sara with us too. Stay safe. Love you".

I ended the call and turned to Liam with wide eyes. "What's wrong? And why does everything always happen in the early hours of the morning around here?" Liam asked with clear annoyance in his voice.

"Harry got into a bad car accident with Skye. I don't know why he was driving with her in the car at 3am but it doesn't matter right now. I'm going to get Luke to take care of the kids, and you call Noel and tell him". Liam nodded and started dialing Noel's phone number.

I went to Luke's room and gently started to open it. Luke was seated at the computer, working on his book which was nearly finished while his girlfriend Jenna was asleep. I didn't want to wake Jenna up so I tip-toed to Luke and crouched down to speak to him. 

"Hey, Luke, can I ask you a massive favour?" I asked.

"Yeah of course". He smiled.

"Harry just got into a bad accident with Skye, so Liam and I need to go to the hospital. Would you mind taking care of the kids until we get back?" I pleaded.

Luke nodded. "Of course. Do you want me to be honest when they ask where you two are?"

I thought about it for a minute. "Make up some excuse. They've gone through enough, we all have".

I left the room, gently closing the door behind me. I went back downstairs to find Liam ending his call with Noel. "Noel and Sara are coming here then we will go together. Have you got the name of hospital yet?" Liam said.

"Yes, I do. I'm going to make a coffee, want one?"

Fifteen minutes passed when Noel and Sara entered the house and we left on our way to the hospital. The drive was long and very quiet but it could possibly just have felt ling because of the quietness.

I ran inside the hospital like a maniac once we got there while Liam tried to hold me back to calm me down.

*Noel's P.O.V*

Jude didn't even lock the door. She was hysterical. I kept my composure but internally I was scared. Family wise I haven't been lucky. I can't deal with the loss of my granddaughter, especially after the death of Sonny. I just hope she's okay.

After Jude finished having a breakdown in front of the reception desk we were lead to where Harry stood, a sling around his arm and a bandage on his nose.

Jude hugged Harry and cried. "Mum, it's okay. Just breathe". He helped her calm down to a point where she could get her words out.

I gave my son a hug too. I hadn't given him a hug since he was an infant. That, I felt really bad for. I missed my first born children grow up. "So, how is Skye?" I asked. Just as I brought it up, a nurse brought Skye out in her arms.

"Sorry to interrupt guys". The nurse spoke, instantly shutting us all up. We all turned to her, waiting for her to speak.

"We've done all the tests we have had to do with your daughter, and I am happy to announce that there is no harm done to her. Not even a scratch. It is a miracle. You both are so extremely lucky". 

Two police officers came up to us as the nurse gave Skye back into Harry's arms.

"Okay, Mr. Gallagher, the toxicology results have come back, the officer started. I looked at Liam with eyes saying 'this sounds familiar'. I saw Harry's eye widened and I just knew the results were going to be bad. I've dealt with this exact thing more times than I would like. "The results came back 0.25, we are going to take you to the station due to drink driving and endangering a young child".

I wanted to cause a scene, to save my son from dealing with the criminal justice world, which is a whole different world if you ask me. You never quite recover from that. He had to deal with the consequences, it was his decision, his mistake.

"Am I able to speak with him first?" I asked.

"I will write your number down and get somebody to call you when he is allowed visitors. We need to go through what the consequences are going to be for his behaviour. Now for the meantime, does the child have anywhere to stay?" The police officer asked.

Jude nodded, taking Skye from Harry's arms. "May I ask how you are related to Mr. Gallagher?"

"I am his mother, and this is his uncle, my husband Liam, which I am sure you are aware of. Over there, is Harry's father Noel, which I am also sure you know of, and his wife Sara". She explained. The police officers seemed happy enough with that answer and walked Harry away to the cop car.

We all just stood in shock. Why did he drink that much? Why did he need to be in the car with Skye at 3am? Why did he think drinking and driving was acceptable, especially with his child in the car? These are all questions I will be asking him when I am allowed to. I know there is an underlying issue and I need to know what is happening in my son's life.