Chapter 1: Wonderwall

Fifteen years have passed and everything has seemed to become good.

Here is an update on our life:

Luke is now nineteen and wants to be an author, Liam and I couldn't be more proud of him. Lennon is fifteen and is very intrigued by the modelling world and loves fashion.

Liam and I have another child, Gene. He was born two years after Lennon and is thirteen. He is inspired by 'Uncle Noel' and wants to learn the guitar. Noel has started to give Gene lessons and he's loving it.

He has a real talent for guitar and I'm sure he's going to go far with it.

As for Noel, he married Sara and had their child. Not long after Noel announced Sara's pregnancy on the day I gave birth to Lennon, she gave birth to a healthy, baby girl they called Anais, who is now fourteen. In 2007, Donovan was born and four years later so was Sonny.

Ok, enough with that, it seems that you're all caught up.

*Author presses play*

Everyone was asleep, well at least every human member of the household. Our dog, Lily was wide awake but quiet so we weren't disturbed.

I felt sharp movements coming from the other side of the bed. I struggled to open my eyes but did and sat up.

I slowly reached over and switched on the lamp beside me. Liam was whimpering, shaking and had tears falling.

At first I couldn't figure out what was happening, I was just really scared. But then it hit me, he's having a nightmare.

I was just about to wake him up but he beat me to it. Liam sat up quickly panting and sweating before screaming loud enough that people in Australia could hear.

He was terrified, I hadn't seen Liam like this for a long time. I gave him a hug, letting him feel comfortable.

"Honey, I'll grab you a hot chocolate and then you explain to me what happened". I offered, he just nodded.

About five minutes later I returned to see Liam talking to Lennon.

"Lennon what are you doing up, it's 2:30?!" I exclaimed. 

"I haven't been able to sleep all night and then as I was finally about to drift off, I heard screaming". Luke and Gene also walked into the room, they looked tired and annoyed.

"What's going on?" Luke questioned.

"The scream woke both of you up, too?" I asked. Luke nodded.

"Yeah, the penguins in Antarctica could here too. I didn't think anything of the scream then I felt somebody touching me, so I opened my eyes and saw Gene was trying to wake me. He told me he heard the scream too and Lennon wasn't in the room". Luke explained.

Lennon and Gene shared a bedroom since they were biological brothers and Luke had his own room. The boys loved sharing a room. "Okay, everyone back to bed". I took Lennon and gene back to their room and made sure everything was good before going back to see Liam.

He looked very cosy and definitely better than he was before.

Luke had gone to work on his book as he couldn't go back to sleep now that he was awake. He would probably have a nap in the day anyway.

I laid down next to Liam and kept the light on.

"So, what happened?" I asked, turning over to face him. 

"I took the bullet," was all he said. Obviously I was confused.

"Which bullet? What are you talking about?" I questioned as I sat up.

"I saved John. I was on a train, don't where I was goin' but John was there and so was his killer. He wasn't paying attention but I was so I leapt in front of him and was shot. The killer wasn't Chapman though, it was a random dude. John turned to me and tried to save me but he couldn't". Tears fell from his eyes and I held him close.

"Shhh, it's okay. I'm here. It was just a nightmare". I didn't know what else to really say to him.

Liam sipped on his hot chocolate which I guess wasn't hot anymore, more like a cold chocolate.

I knew Liam wouldn't go back to sleep and I wouldn't either. It was the middle of winter which of course has to be genuinely freezing in England. We decided to go sit out by the fire and enjoy the night and all the beautiful nature surrounding us.

I quietly opened the bedroom door of Lennon and Gene to make sure they were asleep. Gene was peacefully sleeping however Lennon was wide awake.

I walked over to him and asked if he wanted to come sit by the fire. He nodded and quietly left the room, trying not to wake Gene.

Luke decided to come too. As the boys were walking out, there was a knock at the front door.

'Odd, its 3am'. I thought. I opened the door and saw a very tired and cold Noel and Sara at our front door.

"Guys, this isn't the greatest time for a family get together," I joked but then I saw Anais and Donovan. Donovan was barely able to keep his eyes open.

"There's something wrong with Sonny. We have to take him to the doctors. We have never seen him so sick. Can you please take care of Anais and Donovan?" Noel explained as he held a very sick Sonny in his arms.

"Of course, you know you can come anytime. You will keep me posted, right?" I asked, they nodded.

I welcomed the kids into the home, giving them both motherly hugs. "We have a fire outside, do you guys want to sleep or come sit with us?" I asked. I could tell Donovan was exhausted.

"I may go to sleep if that's okay. I am really tired". Donovan said, wiping his eyes.

"I'll come sit out with you guys". Anais added.

"Lennon, Luke and Liam are out there. Gene is sleeping, seems like we've all had crazy sleepless nights".

They nodded. I made sure Donovan was comfy