Chapter 3: Little James

I was afraid Noel wouldn't pick up but he did at the last minute.

"What's up Jude? I am kinda busy". Noel asked he sounded exhausted.

"Well, for starters, Harry and Starr are here so hopefully you can see them soon. Harry is nineteen and Starr is seventeen. Secondly, you and I have a one-year-old granddaughter" - "what's her name?" - "her name is Skye". I responded.

"Jude, that's lovely, it really is, but this isn't the time for joy. I understand it's a big deal since their our kids we haven't seen for about fifteen to sixteen years and having a grandchild is crazy. However, it's just not the right time. I'm sorry". He sadly stated.

"Why? You're a damn grandfather Noel! It is the perfect time for joy. Our children have come in search of us. It's a massive de-"

"Sonny's dead Jude". I was in shock. Well, I didn't expect that at all. My little nephew, Noel and Sara's beautiful young boy, not here anymore. That was sudden. I couldn't imagine - actually I can kinda imagine what they must be feeling. I lost my first daughter, during the pregnancy. But I never got to live my life with her. They got to have four years to Sonny. Never thinking that something like this could happen.

"Noel, I am really sorry. You don't deserve to see another one of your children pass away. What happened?" I replied with tears in my eyes.

"He had a brain tumour. Somehow it went undetected. He's gone. Sara and I had to say goodbye to him about three hours after we arrived at the hospital. Where's Anais and Donovan, we need to come and get them. I will tell them when we get in the car. Please don't bring it up to Liam before we leave".

"Liam took all the kids out when Harry and Starr arrived. I will give him a call and tell him to come back straight away. Luke is on a date and Lennon is out with his mates". I sighed.

Liam and I moved back to Manchester once I became friends with Noel again so the family is in one place.

"Okay, thank you. Sorry, this is just really difficult". Noel said.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "of course. Take care of yourself". I ended the call before calling Liam.

He arrived as fast as possible, Noel and Sara arrived straight after. Harry and Starr remained, they wanted to leave but I insisted they stayed since they had nowhere to live. 

Noel grabbed the kids and left straight away. Liam just watched them drive away in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Just sit down all of you". I responded, gesturing to Gene and Lennon to sit, as Liam picked him up on the way back.

They did as told and just looked at me while I stood in front of them. Lily could tell something was up and jumped onto Liam's lap, scared. She could feel the negativity. Her tail remained straight down and her ears the same.

"Sonny passed away from a brain tumour this morning. Noel and Sara are really struggling as you could imagine". I frowned at the thought of them losing their son.

"Wow, that's heartbreaking. I can't believe it, did they know he had one before they went to the hospital?" Lennon asked.

I shook my head, "Uncle Noel said they had no idea and the tumour had gone unsuspected. This is so upsetting, we just need to be here as a family for each other and just remember Sonny for the beautiful boy he is".

Liam just nodded, Gene couldn't stop crying. Lennon was the best big brother I could have wanted Gene to have as he just gave his little brother a massive hug. Tears fell down Liam's cheeks and Lily tried to lick his face to cheer him up.

I went straight up to the master bedroom, not saying another word to anyone for the rest of the week.

A/N: I am sorry...