Picnics And a New Friend

Hunter walked into class and took a seat. The teacher stared doing attendance;
"Key?" Hunter hated Key,
"Aiden?" Aiden made an odd noise,
"Tori?" Tori smiled and raised her hand, Hunter loved Tori, even if not in a romantic way he knew they'd always be together.
"Hunter?" He raised his hand, Tori looked back and smiled, he smiled back,
"Gabe?" That was a new name, he turned around and was faced with a boy with fluffy brown hair, a green crew neck sweatshirt, and black joggers. He had to be at least 6 inches shorter than Hunter. But Hunter was intrigued. Gabe looked lonely and Hunter felt bad.

"Okay everybody get into groups, we're building structures made of popsicle sticks!" Tori looked at Hunter and he walked over to her desk.
"Hey do you wanna invite that kid Gabe over to our group?" Tori waved over at him, Gabe nodded and walked over to them.
"So like what type of shape do you guys wanna do?" Tori looked at them,
"Uh maybe like a cube with a pyramid on top, like a house?" Hunter continued, "What do you think Gabe?"
"I don't know but that sounds good." They all agreed on that plan.

The next few classes Gabe and Hunter got closer and closer. Hunter was glad he had a new friend, he was getting pretty tired of his only friends being his ex girlfriend and his boyfriend, well maybe he doesn't know the status.

Fred and Hunter had plans to meet up again. They were going to a park and having a picnic. Hunter walked over and saw the cute rom com set up of a basic red and white checkered picnic blanket. He also had set up a half open picnic basket with cheeses and crackers and fruits laid out. Hunter sat down on the blanket and was met with a soft kiss from Fred.
"Hey," Fred said with a smile,
"Hey," Hunter replied with a smile 2x as big. Hunter liked this, even though he liked doing small things for Tori, and Tori did really sweet things for him it was never things that a woman typically did for a man. He did things that boyfriends do and she did things that girlfriends do. It didn't bother him, but he definitely loved this.

After they finished all the food they laid down together on the blanket and stared at the clouds pointing out all of the shapes mocking couples that do that. As Hunter was about to fall asleep on Fred he was woken up by a loud ringing.
"Sorry do you mind if I take this?" Fred asked, Hunter nodded and Fred got up and walked away for a second.

"Yeah I'm just out with some friends... no we're just playing some video games... yeah I can come to your place after.. I love you... bye."
Hunter was upset but he knew that Fred didn't want to be outed, he knew that Fred loved and cared about him. He knew that Fred needed him as much as he needed Fred.