the pre-quest (ahhh!) :|

--- Will's POV---

    They didn't have a full-fledged search in place. They weren't even worried. Thanks, guys!
    "Oh, they're back." T.J. said as we approached the water. All our friends were lounging around on floats or on the sand while Estelle, Percy, and Grover played ring-around-the-rosy over and over again, making big splashes every time they went down.
    "Hey! Where were you guys?" Percy asked, landing lightly on the shore after he jumped out of the water.
    "Really?! That's it?! I was hanging off a DAM CLIFF, you're just like 'hEy'. Bro I swear to gods-" Alex started.
    "Woah woah woah... I didn't know that! Plus, you were only gone for like 5 minutes." Percy shot back.
    "5 minutes?! There's no way..." Magnus said to himself.
    "Time works differently in alternate dimensions. There's also no way that you take a step and it's suddenly 500 degrees colder." I explained.
    "True." I responded. Then we filled our friends in, telling them everything... well, almost everything... me and Nico wouldn't betray Alex and Magnus like that. We know how it feels to have to hide a relationship. But EEEEEEEP, they are so cute together!
    "We're gonna leave now and get ready." Nico said, pulling on my sleeve.
    "NOOOOO!" Estelle whined.
    "We'll stay. Don't leave without saying bye!" Grover waved, and we left to prepare for our demise. Yippie Skippie.