CHAPTER 03: NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

In the heating afternoon, two boys are hanging out in a store eating ice cream sundae to relief the heat.

[MIKEY'S POV]

"Ne Kenchin. Did you perhaps notice Michi this days?" I asked.

"Nope. Now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen Takemichi like a week." Draken said as he eats his ice cream.

'That's wierd. Is he hanging out with his friends?' I thought as I scooped on my sundae.

"Why don't we visit Takemichi after this?" Draken suggested. My eyes lit up and said yes.

-AT TAKEMICHI'S APARTMENT-

"Michi are you home?" I yelled as I knock at Michi's door apartment.

"Huh. That's wierd, shouldn't Takemichi be home at this kind of hour?" Draken said while confused.

'Well it's true that Michi should be home at this kind of hour but he's not. Unless something serious came up' I began to worried because I felt like something was wrong

"Let's try tomorrow, maybe he had something came up and unable to go home" Draken said as he noticed my worried look.

"Okay. Let's try tomorrow maybe then we can hangout with him by then." But that tomorrow will never came because a shocking news came as soon as we had a meeting at the temple on that night.

After the meeting, Tetta Kisaki, one of Michi's friends. Came and gave Michi's Manji Gang's uniform.

"Takemichi will be quitting the Manji gang. Please don't find him ever again." Kisaki said as he handed the bag.

"What do you mean? Michi's quiting? Why?" I asked him but he didn't answer and just walked away.

It's been 2 months since that night. We search for Takemichi but no one saw him. I even asked Takemichi's other friends but they also don't know where he was. Emma even asked Hinata about Takemichi but she refused to tell anything. I also wanted to asked Kisaki for more details but no one know where he lives except Hinata but she wasn't willing to tell. We even tried on going and asked in Takemichi's school but he didn't go to school at all and transferred after that. No one knows where he was, and just like that he disappeared as if he didn't even exist.

One day when I was walking alone, I decided to visit Takemichi's apartment. Then there I saw Atsushi carrying a bag while walking out in Takemichi's apartment.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. He slightly jumped in shock. It looks like he didn't noticed I was there. He looks at me and looks like his soul is about to leave his body.

"N-nothing" he said smiling. I can see him sweating, trembling and seemed like hiding something. I looked at the big bag he was holding. The bag was black and has alot of stuff in it. He looks like a bandit stealing in someone's apartment in broad daylight.

"Why did you came out in Takemichi's apartment? And what is inside the bag?" I asked him as I glaze at him coldly. "I-i.... I have to to go" he said ready to run away. But I grabbed his collar causing him to fall.

As he falls on the ground it made the black bag broke it's zipper spilling what's in the inside. I looked at the things that was on the ground. Sure enough, they are all familiar.

'Isn't this all Michi's stuff'

As I was going to asked him something, Kisaki and Hinata came. "Why are you taking so long Akkun?" Hinata asked. Then she frowned as soon as she saw what's infront of her.

"Mikey-kun. It's the middle of the day. Why are you bullying someone" she said angrily and she runs towards Atsushi trying to help him up. While Kisaki goes and started to pick Michi's stuff that is on the ground.

"What are you doing with Michi's stuff?" I asked.

"It's none of your business and why are you even here?" She didn't answered my question and answered my question with another question . When I first met Hinata, I know that she didn't like me from the start but it looks like it get worse.

[AKKUN'S POV]

"It's none of your business and why are you even here?" Hinata said. I can feel my soul leaving my body already.

I know that Hinata's tough, knows how to fight and she feared no one. But that's Mikey, the invincible Mikey. He doesn't hit woman but he's still the Mikey everyone feared of. I never knew Hinata was this tough until now. I guess Hinata will do anything just to keep Takemichi safe.

I still remember what happened in the hospital like it was just yesterday.

I had nothing to do and was bored as hell, so I decided to visit Takemichi at his apartment. I knocked on the door but no one answered, I knocked again but no one responds. So I decided that he might not be at home or just fell asleep early.

When I was about to leave, my phone rang. When I saw it was I knew something was wrong. Kisaki would never call me if it wasn't about Takemichi so I answered it. I didn't even have a chance to say hello when he said, "Come to XX hospital quickly. I have something to tell you"

"Hospital? Why? What happened?" I asked worriedly. But he just replied, "We can't talk on the phone, it's too risky. Just go in the XX hospital and I will tell you everything. Also make sure not to tell anyone."

After I arrived at the hospital, I asked where the patient Takemichi is. I immediately sprint towards his room as I saw Kisaki and Hinata walking out of the room not far away.

"What happened?" I immediately asked them. Then Kisaki began to explain everything in details without missing anything. They also told me that I should keep it a secret and never tell anyone even if it Mikey or Draken.

When I entered in the room I saw Takemichi lazily sitting up on the bed watching the sunset outside the window. He looked like a fairy who was lost in the mortal world. Then he slow looked at me who just entered the room, tears began to fall out Takemichi's eyes none stop. His eyes shows sadness mixed with happiness and relief. It looks like he just saw someone who had died but still alive.

The way Takemichi just sitting still not whipping his tears made me realized that he didn't even know that he was crying. I can not bear to see my friend crying, so I run towards him despite knowing he already forgot all about me. I wiped his tears and was ready for him to push me away but he didn't react at all. Tears flows heavier and heavier, he wasn't blinking. Or he doesn't want to blink, it felt like if he's going to blink everything infront of him will just disappear and he doesn't want that to happened.

My chess felt heavy, like getting hit by a wreaking ball. "Don't cry Takemichi" those were the only word I could say to him. Soon after, his tears began to stop flowing and push my hand away gently not harshly. He was reaching on the tissue box but it wasn't within his reach. I grabbed a few tissue papers and hand it to him. He smiled and wipes his remaining tears and said thank you.

The heavy feelings that was on my chest vanished without a trace. Takemichi's smile was so pure that it can heal someone's broken heart. It was then I vowed that I will protect Takemichi even if it was someone who was more powerful than me. The first step on protecting him was to keep his situation a secret and never once again make him fight alone and sacrifice his self just for anyone's happiness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
«1320 words»