1938 : Partying Up a Storm

(Around mid 1938)

~Luke's P.O.V~
This year feels like it's a big turning point for all of us. For the nation. As if something big is going to happen soon. I'm not sure if my subordinates have the same feeling but Kirsch and Fischer do agree with me. Speaking of the two corporals, it has been some time since we talked. I've been so busy with the navy—-Großadmiral Dönitz... he really expects big things for me while I've grown distant to the Reichsführer. Just in a professional matter nowadays.

While I was away, I found that Kirsch has been guarding my sister and without my knowledge... he was assigned by Minister Goebbels. I shouldn't be surprised but I'm happy that both my sister and Kirsch are well acquainted. Fischer has been busy with other things and I heard he has been selected to be in the Luftwaffe. I'm glad for him.

The situation in the party isn't going too well either. Many soldiers were reported disobedient and not cooperative and they were sent to the newly constructed concentration camps. Though I do sometimes wonder if my sister did take the promotion as Prison Warden... she might have been moved to run one of the camps now.

Last January, Reichsmarschall Göring assigned me as his escort on a wedding. He was the best man but the marriage didn't last long. About two weeks after, the couple filed a divorce after finding out the wife's... explicit photographs. I wonder if that's most of the case being married to a woman... sounds complicated.

Anyway... the Führer has been visited by the Prime Minister of England for the past few weeks now. I believe his name is Lord Neville Chamberlain. What a regal title to have... I don't know much about the meeting since I didn't escort any of the superiors but I asked Anna and she said that the Führer and Prime Minister Chamberlain are working on an agreement.

"What kind of agreement?" I asked. "Well... I'm not sure..." she hesitated. "What? I thought you were present during the meetings!". "It's not up to me if I can go or not, okay?" Anna threw her sass back at me. "Dr. Goebbels doesn't always want me to come..." she added and I guess that's fair. "Alright, I think you're right." I accepted the term and I lit up my cigarette.

"I never really got to ask..." said my sister after taking a sip. "How did you exactly started smoking?" and asked. "I thought you know..." I sighed out the smoke. "Those two who offered me first. I know it would upset you but you already took your win on drinking." I shot a teasing smirk at her. "I..." she put her can of beer down and grunted away in embarrassment. I giggled, "I suppose that we're finally even with this.". "Yeah... I guess you're right." She sighed a relieve smile and took back a sip.

I asked Anna how she is and Reinhard now and she told me that they're doing fine. "We're getting busier with our own duties but there were times I get to attend his meetings." She added. "You're so lucky to have a powerful best friend." I admit I was jealous of their relationship. "Powerful or not... he's still Rein for me." She smiled. I guess my sister loves Reinhard in another way.

"How aren't the two of you not... well... you know." It was hard for me to find the words. "We... worked it out." and apparently Anna couldn't find the right words either. "Must be nice..." I half muttered. "Why do you ask though?" her question caught me off-guard. She playfully gasped, "Are you jealous?". "N-no! I-it's not like that!" and got me flushed. She squinted her eyes and pointed, "You are jealous! I knew it!" and took the last laugh. I felt my face getting red.

"Hey..." Anna put her hand on my shoulder, "I'm okay with that side of you." And smiled. "But you better not let anyone know or you know happened last time, right?" she was referring the other... personal reason why our superiors wanted Ernst Röhm dead. "Though I think I have the perfect idea for that." I saw my sister's mischievous grin and I warned her not to do anything stupid. "Relax... it's just the perfect counter joke." She nonchalantly dismissed my warning.

For the next couple of months, Prime Minister Chamberlain will make frequent visits to the Führer for the agreement and I think it was the agreement to dissolve Austria as a part of Germany. I think it makes sense since it's the Führer's true homeland but as always... the people and the government of Austria won't like the idea.

Also, there was another international sporting event, the World Cup and Germany didn't participate. Instead, Austria will represent the country after the dissolvement. Anna would say that Austria is carrying Germany for the competition. How silly of her. Personally, I'm not really a fan of football but I enjoy watching it. But father and my sister would be really excited when watching while mother could only sit and let the two have their fun.

A.N : Hey, guys! Sorry for the short chapter. I really had no idea how to start the new year and even though I looked up what happened... it was hard but I think it looks fine. By the way, I'm on test week and juggling all of this still hard but I still don't know how I managed to get them through. Sound familiar? :v well... hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next one! RD out!! Boi!!!