1941 : Neue Tanz

(Around early June...)

~Luke's P.O.V~
The situation since I came back was not as I expected. As one of the leading strategists, I was called to attend a strategy meeting with the Führer. Despite breaking the pact with the Soviet Union, the Führer was ambitious enough to invade the country. He called it "Operation Barbarossa". I didn't know it was a reflex or an unintended premonition, I boldly denied the plan.

The Führer was furious when I blurted out that the operation will never achieve its final goal. Hearing those words out was very unusual for me that it gave me the thought of being a traitor because I disagree and disobeyed. The others were also in a stunned silence by my newfound rebellious side but none seemed to have the courage to correct me. As expected, I was not allowed to take part of the invasion and instead had me in charge on invading the rest of Europe to my surprise.

Since then, the Waffen-SS had been mobilized to the south. We successfully took over Yugoslavia until Greece throughout April. Even though the Führer was pleased by the successful invasions, I could still see the disappointment from the stunt I made. I rather have myself tied on a scuttled ship rather than facing the firing squad or to have my neck on the gallows.

Speaking of ships, Großadmiral Dönitz doesn't have complete order over me while I'm still under Reinhard's. He would always put me in charge of the Gestapo that I was already considered as the Obersturmführer. It's not quite an official title yet but both Reinhard and Herr Himmler approved the title. So in short, as long as I'm under Reinhard's orders... I'm at his disposal. I admit it was quite a shame that I didn't get to board the mighty Bismarck but I'm thankful that I didn't get to sink and die when that aerial torpedo hit her.

(June 30th, 1941)

Reichsmarschall Göring had organized a party as a celebration for the successful invasion to the Soviet Union and as a welcoming party for out newest ally, Japan. I looked forward to see the Far East attendants. As always, I was ordered to come as an escort for Minister Goebbels and to an extent, my sister as well. The Führer will definitely come since he's the guest of honor though I don't know if the others will come as well. I bet my sister would love to see Reinhard if he's attending the party.

I wore my best uniform on and had my hair done for the occasion before I drove to Minister Goebbels' manor. "Guten Abend, Obersturmführer." The guard of the manor greeted me. "Good evening, Untersturmführer." I greeted back and he permitted me to enter. "Thank you." I thanked him and he nodded. I went to the main door and rang the doorbell. "Lieutenant Lukas!" one of the girls opened the door and greeted me. "Good evening, Young Miss." I greeted back with a bow.

"Is Minister Goebbels ready?" I asked and she went in to call her father, informing my presence and I walked in. "Lukas!". "Fraulein." I greeted Frau Goebbels. She was glad to see me and told me to wait for a bit, "Your sister is almost done.". "May I see her?" I requested and Frau Goebbels led me to Anna's room. She knocked the door, letting my sister know of my arrival. "I'll be out in a minute!" Anna replied from the inside and I had an idea, "Hurry up, slow poke! Who knows if Reinhard actually comes to the party!" that should work.

Frau Goebbels and I heard a short ruckus from Anna's room. Frau Goebbels asked if my sister is okay and I told her that Anna is actually almost done. We then heard a click and, "Okay, I'm done." Anna came out and she was wearing a dark blue, almost black tailcoat dress. Below the coat, under her waist was a skirt and it looked like her uniform skirt with a sash, acting as a belt. I have a feeling that the dress was either picked out by the girls or she had the time to go shopping.

"Now we're ready." Said Minister Goebbels and I nodded. The three of us hopped in the car and went to the party. I parked the car and the soldiers there instead opened the door for us. I thanked them and the three of us went inside. Herr Göring and the Führer greeted us and as expected, there were Japanese diplomats as well. Some of the Japanese diplomates greeted us and Anna bowed back in respect. Not just only lowering her head, but she was actually bending forward.