11- lay down and cry

*around a month later, October 22nd*

I woke up early today. Around four in the morning. Would I usually get up this early? Oh hell no. todays just that day. I looked over and saw Rylee and Dally dead asleep. Perfect.

I crawled out of bed careful not to wake them and I got changed putting a pair of dark navy Jeans on and I grabbed one of the dark green shirts I stole from Dal and cropped. I threw on some sneakers that my older sister, Macy gave to me because they were just too small for her.

I went downstairs and walked to the kitchen and I put some coffee grounds into the machine and let it brew. It was just one of those days. Buck walked in and grunted. Oops I must've woken him up.

"Morning old man. How ya doin'" I asked with a smile. Buck hates me I'm pretty sure so I just hate him back. We might as well mutually hate each other, besides it's in my blood to be an asshole. But dont tell a fuckin soul, this man is amazing and can be pretty nice if you don't get on his bad side and I find him cool.

He just grabbed the coffee pot after it was done brewing and poured himself a cup taking a sip of it then looked at me. "Morning you little menace. I'm okay. how are you? Also why the fuck are you up this early? It's the asscrack of dawn." he grumbled.

I shrugged and poured myself a cup of coffee, pouring sugar and creamer into it till it was a dark creme color. "I'm tired as hell and if i go back asleep my little sister is gonna be a little shithead and wake me up screaming at me. that's also the reason i'm up early" i responded and he chuckled

"Kids. Always loud little menaces" He chuckled more, shaking his head. He then handed me an envelope. One addressed with the same address of my dad's dump- I mean house in New York. I frowned a bit, then opened it and sadly smiled while taking out a birthday card. I opened it and read it.

"Dear Kat,

Happy birthday. I wish you were around so we could get ice cream and hang out to celebrate. I totally get why you left when you did. That was a couple of peoples breaking points. They couldn't rot away in that house anymore and left. It's really only me and a few others here. Anyway, happy fourteenth birthday. Call sometime okay? I want to talk to you. I get your trying to leave your old life behind but this isn't how to do it. I love you.

Your twin brother, Ben Winston"

I sniffled a bit then chucked the card and the envelope in my bag. He ended up putting money in the envelope. I always tell him not to but he doesn't listen to me at all. When i send cards to him I just thank him. I shipped my card out to him with a twenty dollar bill that i got from pick pocketing a kid.

I went outside and sat on the porch watching the sun slowly rising. I went back inside after it did. Ive never liked sunrises. I'm more of a moon lover. The nights were more peaceful for me in new york. Especially since that was when my dad went to bed and i went out to see my city boys.

You may ask why i called them my city boys. Well, its because we would go out and run down the moonlit streets and then go to a party and go to the base. also known as the old walsh house. It was me, corey, William Walsh and walter walsh aka the twins, their sister Val would join us, Scarlet cooper, Dom Wilson, Alexis Marone, Eddie Lodge, Quade Browning, Laurie hart, and for a short period, we had Ben my brother and DJ, coreys brother. We drank, smoked, popped pills, smoked Mary Jane and hung around. At Least that was before Will and walts parents died in a gang affiliated shootout and Will took over, changing our whole group. Ben and DJ dipped on us, Val disappeared after a bit, Eddie moved and Alexis got herself killed. So it was the boys and scarlet then myself. Corey and I, CJ, got the dirty jobs. For example, hauling guys three times our size to swim with fishes at the lake. We became the junior league of their gang, the Poisoned Lilies. Will ran all of the gang. Big or small section. He bossed around adults and if they questioned his methods, they ended up passing in their sleep after the gang's business meetings or disappearing to never be seen again. For a while, we ran the streets in the neighborhood at night. And by day, the basic shit of life came around. Most of us went to school, hung around their houses or even hung around the apple orchard. It was an hour by bus but it was a nice escape from reality.

I jumped as I was met with a small pair of arms wrapping around me. It was of course, my sister rylee.

Multiple "happy birthdays" came from her and dal and the bar locals. My face burned bright red and I shoved people away, grabbed my bag and ran to the Curtis house slamming the door once I got there. I walked over to the couch where there was a sleeping lump with fluffy, dirty blonde hair. I sat next to the lump and laid my head on it smiling.

The lump stirred and grumbled a bit then pulled a blanket off their head, His gorgeous eyes glimmering from the light of the window shining onto them. I giggled then quietly shut up. Axel rubbed his eyes and just stared at me

"Good morning sleepyhead" I smiled

He smiled at me and I kid you not, wrapped me into the blanket holding me on his lap then kissed my forehead, causing my face to turn a bright red causing him to chuckle.

Things like these I love about axel. We've been together officially for two weeks. And he does things like this. They're such little things but they've slowly, very slowly, relighting the candle in my heart melting it's cold waxy exterior. Though, i would ever admit it so you know, nobody can use it against me. The next few hours were spent in Axel's room watching movies, eating bagels and tickling the ever living shit out of each other. And i wouldn't have had it any other way.

I started getting tired around 2 in the morning considering we had been up wayyy too late and curled up to him. I started falling asleep and he wrapped his arm around me.