YEAR ONE - CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Albus and Severus both escort Seraphine to Madam Pomfrey’s office to meet the other two occupants.

“Lady Prince.” Professor McGonagall greets Seraph who is standing by the Headmaster’s side while Madam Pomfrey gives her a small smile.

“Professor. Madam.” Seraphine returns the greeting respectfully even though there is no smile adorning her face.

Both older women  keep stealing glances towards the Potion Master who was standing slightly behind the Headmaster and, unlike them; make no effort whatsoever to hide his glaring stare on the youngest in the room. A frown adorns his stoic face but he shows no emotions just like his little sister.

‘My little sky…’

“May I know who will be staying with Mr. Potter during our Q&A session?” Her calm voice snapped him out of his reverie.

“Who would you prefer?”

“Definitely not you.” Seraph responded automatically. She ignores the sulking Headmaster and looks towards  the other three in the room.

“We think it would be best if Madam Pomfrey is the one with you two. Will you need a time alone with Mr.Potter?”

“That would depend on him and his mental evaluation.” Seraphine states calmly.

“Were you certified to do the evaluation?”

“I do. However, if you are unsatisfied with my evaluation, we could always call for a knight whose  specification are for the cause.” Her eyes sharpened even when she threw a soft smile.

“I apologize  if it sounds rude. It’s not that we were doubting your words. But we don’t know you.” Professor McGonagall hastily speaks, afraid that she offended the young lady. She was surprised when Seraphine let out a chuckle.

“I understand, Professor. We’ve never met before and you’ve never heard of me. So, I understand your precaution and I don’t mind if you want me to call the knight in charge.” Seraphine smiles softly.

“But?” Albus cut her off.

“... But I haven’t told them about the Mr.Potter situation… yet…” She answered sheepishly.

“Why?” All of their heads snapped towards the Potion Master who had been a silent onlooker since the beginning.

“Uhm…” Seraph glanced at Albus; “I’m pretty sure if I told them, they wouldn't hesitate to kill Albus.” She chuckle sheepishly when the Headmaster paled drastically.

Silence filled the room for a while.

“Soo… do you want me to call her?”

“...”

"..."

"..."

“I don’t think that is needed. I can vouch for Seraphine as she already had all the training long before she became the Guardian’s leader. And I think that Madam Pomfrey can make the decision to either call the other knight or to not to after she saw for herself later, yes?” Albus  tried to sound cheerful but only came out constipated like.

The silence in the room sealed the agreement.

……………..

"Mr. Potter, your visitors are here."

"Hello Ma'am." Harry greets meekly.

Poppy look at Seraph in surprise as the younger woman’s face became soft and… She could smile?!

"Mr. Potter, my name is Seraphine from the Department of Children and Social Welfare. Please call me Seraph." Seraph occlude and pull on her ‘dealing with children’ face along with a soft smile.

A man out of time.

It is your desicion; either you tell them or to not to.’

Damn it!

Seraph held out her hand for a handshake and give Harry a soft smile when he shyly accept it. She ignore the jumble mess in her head right now to focus on the presence.

"I want to make it clear that you don't have to answer any question that you don't want to and feel free to told me and stop me if there's anything that makes you uncomfortable, okay?" Seeing Harry nodding, she proceed; "Madam Pomfrey are here for you, so if there's something that you can't say to me or not comfortable with, you can always go to her, got it?" Her tone held a hint of jovial as she knows from experience if she sound to stern, it could be a trigger.

"I understand, Ma'am." Harry sound resigned as he need to relived his old childhood memories. And some thats not so old as the evidence of him staying in the infirmary.

Seraphine push her memories and sealed away her emotions behind her occlumency wall. She exhale slowly as she strengthening and locking away everything, internally preparing herself. Glancing at Madam Pomfrey and gave the determine looking older women a nod, she look back at Mr. Potter.

With a professional face and a small smile on her face, she begin the session.

………………..

"I wonder what is going on in your mind, Severus."

Severus snapped his eyes towards Minerva who is looking at him from the top of her teacup. Albus look at them in interest as this would be their first direct interaction after three days since their heart to heart in the infirmary 3 days ago. His eyes trains keenly on Severus clenched jaw and how tense the young man seems to be.

"What's in your mind?" Minervas' words finally doesn't seems like a rethorical question now.

"..." Severus eyes train toward the door again as if, if he look hard enough, he could see through to what is happening out there; "Albus stupidity. It seems like I couldn't pint point the beginning of it." He couldn't help sounding droll and sprinkled with sarcasm.

"Hmph! It seems like a waste of time to think of his senility acting out." She turn her nose from the sulking figure.

"Don't I know it." The youngest murmured, and like Minerva, he also ignored the Headmaster.

"How do you thing it's going on out there?" Her questions hung heavily in the room. "It has been an hour. How much longer would it take.

"From what I can see based on other cases; longer. Long enough…" Albus murmured lowly.

His voice sound old and weak in the silence of the room.

... Tbc...

Well... Good news people; I'm still alive..

Also..

Bad news;

I'm still alive..

Love;
QisyaChan