YEAR ONE - CHAPTER ONE

Harry woke with a gasp. He blinks a couple of times to adapt with the darkness. He looks around him. The space is very narrow; he smells the dust and an old scent of his childhood room. He felt nostalgic... sad... and hopelessness... Feelings that he thought that he had forgotten long ago. On the small space by the wall, there was his old toys; an army man with a missing hand, a couple of his books (it was Dudley's but he doubt that his cousin even know that some of his book were missing, harry doubt that he can even read). In his hand, he was gripping his old worn baby blanket. He ran his fingers along the surface. It was soft and calming.

Then he remembered why... why he was suddenly awoken, and why all of this feels so wrong. He shut his eyes. His fist balled tight. His jaw clenched that he can feel his headache coming. His breathing became frantic. A harsh sob came from his lips. Within a second he was crying and sobbing silently. He buried his face with his worn blanket. He tried to stop the tears; he tried to muffle the sobs yet his heart twinge painfully forcing him to letting it all go.

................flashback..........................

"You expect us to believe that you are Merlin? Really? How stupid do you think we are? Stop trying to fools us. Tell us who you are!" Draco snarled at the unwanted newcomer.

Well, you can't judge him; with the war raging for more than eight years, it's normal for the paranoia. Plus, he's a Slytherin; what do you expect?

"Do you all need another oath? I wouldn't mind at all."

"If you would."

Hermione's voice shook with excitement and fear. If it is true that this man is Merlin, then it would be good; awesome even. But if he is not, then they would have an unidentified person with a greater magic than Albus Dumbledore himself. But then again, if he truly is The Great Merlin Emrys; what does he want with them?

The men only smile sadly.

"I swear on the magic that I am Merlin Emrys."

Magic swirled powerfully around them pointing towards Merlin. Yet they didn't feel threaten at all. They even feels save and warm enveloped by the swirling magic.

"Merlin....."

His name came out as a whisper from Hermione. Her eyes were as big as a saucer, her hands shook, and her face was as pale as a paper. She is not the only one with an amusing reaction. Ron and Neville jaw slacked down and Draco's eyes looks like they were going to pop out from their socket. Harry's face is cold and calculating yet his eyes show wariness. What in the name of Merlin the world that Merlin wants with them.

"I am here to offer you something that I hope all of you would accept."

"Wh-what?" Ron stuttered out.

"I wanted to offer you all a second chance. To redo all of this. Only this time; for a better future."

The silence was deafening. Suddenly the temperature dropped cold

"Why?"

They startled. All eyes turned to Harry who was in a cold fury.

"Why would we wanted to do it all again? What makes you think we wanted to be killing people for a second time? What makes you think that we wanted to see the deaths again? And why..... WHY were you not there to prevent all of this from happening?!"

Harry snarled. His magic swirled around him. This is ridiculous. If he really was the 'Great Merlin' then why doesn't he kill Voldemort in the first hand? Why doesn't he try preventing all of this? There shouldn't be a war1 people don't have to die! And Severus... His Severus....