Prologue

"It's a.... DEAL!" The words echoed throughout the room, the demon making a deal he believed would answer all his problems and help him to reign supreme across the world. Little did he know how making this deal would cause all his plans to come tumbling down, unaware that the elder twins had a plan of their own to take down Bill Cipher once and for all.

The man in the trench coat took a step forward towards the one-eyed being. He paused for a moment, considering what this would mean if he went through with this. If he did this, the kids would be okay. If he did this, the town itself would be saved. The price to pay was one life, and what better of a life to toss away than his own? He didn't matter, his life amounted to nothing in his eyes. All he did was ever make a mess and disappoint the people in his life. Maybe by doing this, he could at least finally believe his life mattered for something.

Without a second thought, the man outstretched his hand and took the demon's, allowing it to be engulfed by the blue flames.

The other three in the room watched as Bill Cipher's body landed on the floor, turning to stone. The man with the trench coat looked up at what appeared to be nothing to the other three, a moment of fear being shown in his expression before suddenly he fell to his knees, his eyes closed.

"NO!" The younger male stood, going to run over with his sister not far behind him.

He didn't want to sit back and watch as the demon entered his idol's mind. He had looked up to the author of the journals all summer long, only to find out how they were connected by blood as they were just recently reunited. He didn't want to say goodbye already, there had to be some way to stop this and get Bill to leave. If he found what he needed inside his great uncle's mind, it would be the end of the world.

As he tried to rush over, a hand was placed on his chest preventing him from getting any closer.

"W-What are you doing?! We have to help him!" the young male tried to argue as he looked up, only to be met with an apologetic gaze looking down at him.

He stared up at the man in the suit, but something didn't feel right. It was almost as though he knew this man did not belong in these clothes. As a twin himself, he understood how easy it was to take one another's place and get confused by the public. It was then he realized that the author of the journals was standing before him, safe and sound.

"Great... Great Uncle Ford?" Dipper's voice was quiet, almost afraid Bill would hear him if he spoke too loudly. If Stanford was here, however, then that meant that the mind Bill Cipher entered was...

~~~

"Heh heh! Do a pretty good impression of my brother, don't I?" started the man as he sat in a big yellow lounge chair in the middle of what appeared to be a living room. But it wasn't his living room, merely an illusion of what his living room looked like within his mindscape. This was the trap, the place where Bill Cipher will be killed off and the town would be saved from his demonic clutches. "Switch clothes and no one can tell us apart. Welcome to my mind! Surprised you didn't recognize it," exclaimed Stanley Pines, grinning from ear-to-ear as he glared down at the yellow triangle.

~~~

Ford removed the fez from his head, the fez that did not belong to him. He did not deserve to wear it as he did the unthinkable to his very own brother. He didn't want to, but he and Stanley both knew this was the only way. He then removed a strange looking gun from underneath his jacket, quickly moving to aim it at his twin brother and entering his name into the device.

Dipper stood there, shocked to see that device being brought out. Him and his sister knew the device all too well, but neither knew why Ford was bringing it out now. Was he planning to use it on his brother? What was he and Stan planning on doing?