One-Shot: Holiday Season

Holiday Season
(Y/n)/Cast/Bill

This story is canon to the official storyline

"Hey, watch it!"

"Come on, I don't have all day! Let's keep this line moving, I have other stores to get to today!"

"No, I haven't purchased it yet— but I did see it first which makes it MINE so hand it over!"

Bill peeked his head through the small window in the kitchen, looking out into the store as he watched the chaos unfold in amusement. "I have never seen so many Karens in one place at one time. It's like we hit the motherload!" he exclaimed, bouncing up and down with excitement as ideas filled into his head on the different ways he could play his special game and ruin all of their days.

"Expect this from now on until January 1st. Trust me, the worst is yet to come. This is only the beginning of a long and treacherous month," Jerome muttered under his breath as he and Vox were working at double speed to get the milkshakes out and running.

Bill pulled back from the window, looking over at the ginger like a curious feline who found a new thing to play with. "Why? What's so special about this month?"

"You don't know?" Jerome asked, looking away from the Minty Mayhem milkshake he had currently been working on to face the demon. After a brief period of silence, his eyes widened in absolute shock. "Oh my gosh, you really don't! You have no idea!"

"You think I'd be asking for my health?"

"Vox, Bill has no idea what's happening this month!"

"Yes, we— we already made that apparent. I don't think you need to go repeating it again like it's the worst news ever. Just tell me what's going on already before I start to grow bored and uninterested," Bill pouted, jumping up on top of the counter to take a seat and cross his arms.

Jerome shook his head, snapping out of the shocked state he had been in. "Right, right! Sorry!" He cleared his throat, completely abandoning the work he was supposed to do and handing it all over to Vox to take care of so he could give the demon a brief human-history lesson. "December is the month that is best referred to as the "Holiday Season". So many different holidays and celebrations occur during this time, all depending on your belief system and what your family chooses to celebrate. There's Hanukkah, Kwanza, Ōmisoka— but what Vox, Norah, and I celebrate is Christmas! You know, the holiday where we all believe a big guy in a red suit rides on a sleigh hauled by reindeer to give us the gifts we've been asking for all year. It's not real, by the way. Parents pretty much made the story up to make sure their kids are nice for at least one month out of the year. Eventually the kids grow out of it and now we just use the holiday as a reason to give gifts to loved ones you either care about or those distant relatives you always forget exists until that one day of the year comes along and they're calling you to pretend like they care about how you're holding up."

"Hold on a second," a new voice arose to interrupt the lesson. Bill and Jerome's head turned around to look towards the window and see Norah peeking through with her jaw dropped. "I don't know what to be more impressed by: The fact that you remembered Ōmisoka, the Japanese New Year's Eve tradition, to be a holiday or the fact that you know Santa Clause isn't real."

Jerome's face fell, looking very offended as he now completely abandoned Vox to walk over towards the window to properly glare at his friend. "First off: rude of you to assume I don't pay attention to your random facts of the day. I do. I find them very interesting to hear and it makes me feel just a little smarter. Second: of course I know Santa isn't real! He's just a story, nothing more. ...Now Krampus, on the other hand—"