Chapter 6

TW: Mention of dead animals

Jerome sat back on the bench, a blank expression crossing his face. It was hard to tell if he was breathing right now or not, his pupils dilated as he stared at both Y/n and Bill in silence. He looked at a loss for words, his heart racing in his chest. Demon. Did Y/n just say that Bill was a demon? Was it actually possible, could it be true?

Norah's glasses had slightly slipped off her nose, her jaw dropping as she couldn't understand or come to terms with what Y/n was saying. Why were they claiming this man was some sort of demon? And they were also saying that some invisible barrier surrounded the town as well? This was absolute nonsense, this was absurd. None of this could actually be true. What kind of joke was Y/n trying to pull now?

Vox had been silent this whole time, more of a listener than a speaker. Up until these words spilled from Y/n's mouth and then they couldn't help but join in on the conversation. At least join in long enough to break the silence and snap Jerome and Norah out of their thoughts. "...What?"

"Exactly- What?! Have you finally lost it?" Norah quickly cut in after Vox had spoken up, snapping out of her thoughts and speaking what she was thinking.

Jerome snapped out of it as well, this bright smile forming on his face as he slammed his hands on the table and had his eyes glued onto Bill. "Is it really true? Are you really a demon?! What is the difference between a regular demon and a dream demon? Do you have powers?! Why were you reincarnated into a human body? Why are you here? Oh my gosh, I have so many questions!" He just continued to ramble on, this excitement filling in his soul as he quickly picked his camera up and began taking pictures of Bill.

Bill was... utterly confused as to why Y/n just spilled all that information to these three teens. He looked at Y/n, trying to ignore the camera in his face. "So we're just telling anyone everything about me, is that it? I thought the whole purpose that I couldn't go to anyone else was because they wouldn't believe me when I said I was a dream demon?"

"No one else will believe you, but these three will. And they'll help us figure out how to take down the barrier," they spoke softly to the demon, crossing their arms in a proud manner while Bill just groaned in annoyance. Y/n looked back at the three, smiling gently towards them. "I haven't lost it yet, Norah. I'm being 100% serious. I know you don't believe me, and that's okay I didn't expect you to. But I wouldn't tell you this unless I was certain that this was all fact. And believe me- I saw it with my own eyes, this guy really cannot physically leave this town. Something... strange, something magical is keeping him stuck here. It's insane but also incredible. And I really, really do need your help to figure this out. All of your guys' help."

There was a moment of silence amongst the three, looking between one another as though they were communicating with their eyes. Bill thought this might be the dumbest idea yet, even dumber than the piggyback ride idea. He was going to trust these three teenagers to free him from his imprisonment within this town? There was no way. There was absolutely no way they would be able to figure out the equation. He could understand how Stanford Pines did it but three teenagers from Mercy, North Carolina? He was doomed to stay here for the rest of his life.

"I'm SO in!" Jerome exclaimed, jumping up and bouncing in excitement. "So is Vox! They're in too!"

"Well, that's two in," Y/n said, looking over at Bill with a confident smile.

"Seriously?" Bill asked, really not expecting this to go well at all whether they decided to help or not.

Norah kept her arms crossed, looking up at Bill skeptically. She really didn't believe this, not a single bit. It wasn't possible, she knew logically that it couldn't be possible. And she wanted to prove just that- that Bill was a fraud and he wasn't actually some sort of 'dream demon'.