Chapter 16

point of view-3 |Narrator|

==================

It's time for the rating game, but this time it's going to be different, the rating game was supposed to be between 2 families, the Gremory and the Phenex family, those were the only 2 families that needed to know about the rating game, but now there's going to be a banquet.

The banquet is supposed to be held so that the high-class devil families can see it, meaning the 72 pillars of the underworld were invited. As well as other high-class families, a banquet means that people had to dress up well, and also to form connections, and share information if needed. This is what a banquet is for devils.

The banquet is being held at the Gremory household, the rating will be broadcasted during the banquet, it's going to show through a big transparent screen. Those futuristic tv type shit. The rating game will happen in a field built exactly like Kuoh academy shool. 

Currently, Sona's peerage was on the underworld train going to the banquet, every lady in the peerage was wearing a beautiful dress, as well as Saji wearing a black suit. The only one that looked out of place was Rin sitting next to Sona wearing... 

(He's wearing this, no badges)

Saji and Rin's relationship has improved, well...it was more like Rin told him he was never going to be interested in Sona romantically, and after that Saji kind of just became Rin's friend. Not only that Rin is even helping Saji to get with Sona because that's what homies do. 

Saji and Rin were seated next to Sona, Rin seating to her left while Saji to her right. All the ladies in the peerage giggled at this, It was quite a funny sight.

"...Hey Rin why are you wearing that? You know this is a banquet right? ALSO WHY AND HOW DO YOU OWN THAT TYPE OF SUIT!?!" Screamed Saji while looking at Rin, Sona had to cover her ears while Saji was screaming, everyone in the peerage was quite curious as well, why was he wearing that?

"Saji, I am Sona's knight, I am her bodyguard, her sword, her shield, I don't need to wear a fancy suit for this banquet, my job is to keep her safe and that no one disrespects her..." Said Rin staring at whatever was in front of him. Sona's eyes widen and turned her head to stare up at Rin. Her face showed mixed emotions, but one of them was...regret. 

'...I need to tell him the truth...' Thought Sona staring at Rin, she turned her head back around staring at the ground with a grim expression that nobody could see.  

"That didn't really answer my question! anyway, where did you get the suit?" Asked Saji, Rin turned his face to look at him with a blank expression.

"...My closet" Everyone fell to the floor at the response.

'So you just have a suit like that in your closet?' Everyone thought, with sweat coming down their forehead.

Rin was not lying, he wanted to wear something unique for this banquet, so he then thought of this, he quite liked it. The reason he liked it is because, in his past life, his mother called him "commander" many times when he was little.