Chapter 3: Discoveries in the Lost and Found

Michael peered around the edges of the hallways. They were seemingly endless.

How big is this place?

The worst part about the situation wasn't that he didn't have a clear understanding of where he was. It wasn't that someone was clearly harvesting Remnant again. It wasn't even the heavy animatronic walking sounds that he would occasionally hear and have to hide from. No. The worst part about this was that he didn't know what time it was. He was positive that the doors to the building would unlock at 6 AM. It had been that way in every single Fazbear location he had worked at over the years, without fail. But now he had no way to know when that would be. He used to always wear a watch during his work shifts, and it was in the bag with the rest of his old uniform, but it was broken beyond repair. So, he was left to wander, with no proper measure of time.

During his time wandering the building, Michael had discovered more of the tubes that he had awoken in. They were red, with a blue streak of lightning painted across it, and a port hole on the front. They each sported a sign that read "Re-Charge Station." He figured that was good information to have, as he didn't know how long a charge on his new parts would last. Hopefully a while.

Michael wound his way around another set of corners and encountered a door that read "Lost and Found." Perfect. Maybe there would be something he could use.

He gripped the handle and held his breath, praying that it would be unlocked. Sure enough, the door swung open easily.

Wandering in, he found that there wasn't much of anything that he could use. Just piles of old dirty t-shirts and worn-out merchandise. He rifled through these for a while, but ultimately deemed everything to be useless to him.

On the desk he noticed a running laptop. Security cameras shining up from the screen. He found this to be unusual, as he had wandered through a couple of Security Offices at this point. They all had computers, and none of them had been on when he was there.

"Why would someone be doing security work in the Lost and Found? On a junky old laptop, no less." He questioned to no one in particular.

He decided that he would go ahead and look through a few of the cameras, get a lay of the land. From the cameras he had access to he was able to see a couple of the animatronics wandering around the building. He recognized Chica, although she looked extremely different to many of the versions he had seen. And the other was one he did not recognize. It looked like a large alligator, sporting a bright red mohawk.

"Interesting choice, but whatever." He muttered.

He was about ready to move on when he caught a flash of movement from one of the cameras. The camera was labeled "SUPRSTR DYCR 1." He thought his eyes must have been playing tricks on him for a moment, until he saw it again.

He sucked in a sharp breath. There was a kid. His security guard brain immediately set off instinctive alarms about people trespassing, but of course he was trespassing himself. Not to mention, this kid looked fairly young, and he was by himself. Michael seriously doubted this kid had any desire to be locked in this building overnight.

He didn't even have to think about what his next move would be. He and this kid were both stuck in here, and he really didn't want this child getting hurt. He would make his way to him as soon as he was done here.

He glanced down and his eye caught on a journal that was laying open on the desk. He didn't mean to pry, really, he didn't. He knew what it was like to get bored doing security work at night. And he would have been filled with unending embarrassment if anyone ever read his journal or saw his silly little doodles. However, it would have been rather difficult to avoid seeing what was on the page that was open. It was covered in drawings. It was all rabbits. Big and small. On all fours, and anthropomorphic. He felt dizzy for a moment as he picked up the journal and began flipping through the pages. The entire journal was full of mad scrawling and rabbits. So many rabbits. He could hear his ears ringing and his body felt hot and cold at the same time.

He threw the journal back down onto the desk, turned on his heel and ran out of the room, headed for the Daycare.

He wanted to get to this kid as fast as possible.

No kids were going to die on his watch.

Not again.