Chapter 17: Maintenance

Michael was letting the endo lead him along by his wrist.

He was probably shaking; he honestly didn't know this bot's intentions. The other endos were very clearly hostile. But this one was holding his wrist quite gently. It was even examining the chords and mechanisms spewing out of his arm as they walked.

They passed a sign with an arrow on it that read, "Parts and Service."

Hope flared in Michael's chest. Either Freddy would be there, and he would at least have someone he knew around, or he wouldn't be there. In which case, he assumed Gregory had successfully retrieved him and they would have been together.

When they reached the doors of Parts and Service, the endo released its hold on Michael's wrist. It peeked through the windows surrounding the doors. Then it motioned its hands forward, signaling for Michael to remain where he was. It also held a finger to its face, probably where its lips should have been, telling him to be quiet.

Michael crouched down and crawled away from the door so that he could peek through the windows in after it.

The endo pushed the doors open and Michael watched it step inside, attempting to be quiet. It looked around the room and the stumps where its ears would be jostled around a bit, listening. It briefly looked back at Michael and the bottom lids of its mechanical eyes moved up, doing its best to smile at him reassuringly.

It then stepped out of view of the window.

Michael looked over his shoulder, considering.

He could run right now. Hide from this strange endo and try and find Freddy and Gregory. But how would he know where to go? He had already been running around aimlessly for a long time. He was still very scared of this endo. He was growing less fearful of it by the second, however. If the endo truly wanted to do him harm, he doubted that it would just leave him outside on his own.

He also really needed to repair his arm, as he was slowly losing the function to his fingers.

He had just made up his mind to stick around when the doors swung back open, and the endo peaked around the door. Michael jumped despite himself.

The endo gave him a thumbs up and waved him into the room as it held the door open. Michael walked past into the room. He gazed around the room feeling overwhelmed by the sheer size of it. All the Parts and Service rooms that he had worked out of were fairly small. A couple of toolboxes and drawers overflowing with spare parts. This room was massive.

At the back of the room, he could see four doors along the wall. Each one had the silhouette of one of the characters painted on it. Freddy, Roxy, Monty, and Chica. Through windows on the side, there were small holding rooms. Michael shivered, they looked like cells to him. In the center of the room, was the most imposing thing. A large glass tube, wires all connecting to a computer on the outside. In the center of the tube was a large chair, sort of like one you might find at a dentist. Alarmingly, though, it was adorned with wires and straps.

Michael looked back at the endo and found that he was dragging some boxes toward Michael.

"What's all this?" Michael asked.

The endo gestured at the boxes proudly and did a little jazz hand motion, showing them off. It opened the top box, reached inside, and pulled out a small part. It walked towards Michael and held out the small piece to him. Michael gingerly grabbed it with his functioning hand and examined it.

Michael was quite familiar with this part. It was a voice modulator. These things were breaking all the time.

The endo pointed to the back of its head and then back at the part in Michael's hand.

"You...you want me to fix you?" Michael asked.

The endo nodded enthusiastically and tapped its finger where its nose would be.

"I'd love to pal, but my arm is out of commission. I can't fix you with one hand."

The ear nubs on the bot drooped, then perked back up. It reached into one of the boxes and pulled out a screwdriver and mimed using it. It pointed at Michael while still gesturing the tool motions.

"You want to fix me first?"

The endo nodded again.

Before Michael knew it, the Endo had him situated in the chair in the tube. Michael liked the tube and chair even less when he was strapped into it. He sort of regretted letting the bot do this. Not to mention, it hurt pretty bad having an animatronic digging around in his arm, no matter how careful it was being. It was probably for the best that he was strapped down though, because every once in a while, something would especially hurt, and he would instinctively flinch and try to yank his arm back. The endo was shockingly patient with him. It would place a hand on his shoulder and wait for him to recover before continuing with its work.

After a little while, the bot finished its work by stitching his arm shut for him. Michael tested each of his fingers and was impressed with the endo's handy work. The endo quickly undid Michael's straps and helped him up. Michael stretched out his arm a bit as the bot took his place in the seat. It was already connecting some of the straps on itself.

Michael retrieved the voice modulator and quickly got to work on the bot. Once it was in place, Michael climbed out of the tube and looked at the computer screen just outside.

Michael felt his eyes widen at the screen.

"Glamrock Bonnie Voice Modulator: Now Calibrating"