Chapter 24: Dude, we're getting the band back together!

Bonnie noticed that Michael was slowly inching farther away from the protective cylinder. He was clearly trying to seem casual but was failing miserably.

Bonnie had been gone for a while, sure, but he was no stranger to human fear. All of the animatronics were programmed to register human behaviors. He did not need to scan Michael to gather this information, however.

He was able to get Michael to ease up a little around him, sure, but he looked even more uncomfortable than he had been before.

Must not be a pirate fan.

Bonnie was just finishing his repairs on his other friend. He was trying to be quick about it. He really wanted to find Freddy, but he knew, based on Michael's explanation of the situation, that they needed some extra help. The playing field was extremely uneven at the moment. With all the other animatronics ready to kill at a moment's notice, an untrustworthy security guard, and an evil computer virus, Bonnie did not feel that they stood much of a chance.

By the time Bonnie was finished attaching all of Foxy's wires and servos, Michael was backed into the far corner of the main Parts and Service room. Bonnie climbed out and shot him a reassuring grin, before turning to the computer.

"Let's get this show on the road!" He said, trying to relieve tension.

Bonnie skimmed through some of Foxy's system code, searching. Sure enough he found the traces. A virus.

It was different to anything Bonnie had ever seen before. If he hadn't known what he was looking for he would have missed it. The virus bounced around the code, flowing in between the lines in waves. Like it was hiding. Like it was alive.

Fortunately, Bonnie had the capabilities to flush the whole system at once. This wouldn't prevent a virus from returning, Bonnie was unable to prevent this, since the virus was presumably attached to the entire Fazbear Network.

Once he had flushed the system of the present virus, he rested his finger on the finish button. He hesitated for a moment.

He found himself relating to Michael in this moment.

He was scared of him.

He was scared of his friend.

He was scared of Foxy.

His internal fans kicked on as he steeled himself and quickly pressed the button before he could hesitate any longer.

He rushed back into the protective cylinder and sealed it. He would rather he get hurt than Michael.

He approached Foxy and waited a moment. He did not stir.

Bonnie turned around to look at Michael, "Maybe I reset him wro-"

Foxy suddenly shot up behind him causing both Bonnie and Michael to jump.

"Bonnie please, you have to-" He stopped mid-sentence when he saw where he was.

He looked around him, dazed trying to piece together his surroundings.

"Foxy?" Bonnie started, "Do you know where you are?"

"This... this be Parts and Service?" Foxy asked still looking disoriented.

"Yup. That's right. Do you remember anything?" Bonnie asked.

"I-." Foxy looked down at his hook and seemed to grow horrified at the sight of it, "I think... I think I killed ye, Mate."

Bonnie heard Michael hold back a squeak from the corner.

"That's right buddy, you did." Bonnie's voice probably would have been shaking if he weren't a robot. "But it's okay now! We're both here and alright."

Foxy just kept staring at his hook.