Chapter 4: Enter the Daycare

Michael crashed through what seemed like the tenth door on the way to the Daycare. He had been worried for a moment that he would not be able to get inside without a Daycare Pass, since there was a sign outside the door. He did not feel like he had the time to waste trying to find one, so he used his shoulder to body check the door, in an attempt to open it without a pass. But the door was unlocked after all. That boy must have already used a pass to unlock it. Now, however, Michael went tumbling to the floor.

He got up and brushed himself off, knees still aching from his crash landing.

He jogged down the hallway, past even more bathrooms, and a very large water fountain that was still running. Everything here was still running. Apparently the "Nighttime Protocols" really only locked all of the doors. Michael thought this security system seemed pretty silly, but it was Fazbear Entertainment, so he was not all that surprised.

He did not have to search hard for the door to the Daycare. There was a large mural by the door, "Superstar Daycare." It was adorned with clouds and rainbows. He pushed the double doors open with both hands and they squeaked a bit. He stepped into the room and as he did his jaw dropped.

It took a lot to surprise Michael. Over the years he had seen everything there was to see, or so he thought. And, as he looked up at the giant golden statues in the center of the room, it happened. He was officially surprised. Two smiling characters, massive and gold. They weren't animals, a bit different for Fazbear characters, but not out of the question. He had seen them make a character out of a bucket and a mop handle.

He shook off his surprise from the massive golden statues and rushed forward to try and find this kid. There was a large net around the top of the play area. It seemed rather excessive to Michael. But then, almost everything he had encountered in this place seemed excessive to him. His eyes scanned the floor below him, and sure enough, there he was. The kid.

He was standing in front of a small tower of toys. Towering above him was a large gangly animatronic with what seemed to be the sun for its head. One of the characters from the statue. He swayed back and forth excitedly. Michael tensed, usually when an animatronic got that close to someone at night, it didn't end well. However, the animatronic made no moves to harm the young boy. The worst it got was if the boy made any moves to leave, he was picked back up and placed back in his position in front of the toys. The voice of the Sun was loud and manic. It carried all the way up to Michael's ears from down below.

"Are you having fun yet? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya?" He shouted.

Michael looked around himself and the area and found that the fastest way down there was a large tube slide. He shouldn't have felt this way, but he honestly felt a little embarrassed to have to go down the kid slide. But he steeled himself and pushed himself down the slide. He landed sprawling, in a ball pit. For a moment he felt like he was drowning in sweat smelling plastic balls until he found his footing.

"Now I understand how Helpy feels I suppose." He murmured.

He looked up and found both the boy and the Sun animatronic staring at him. There was a short pause before the animatronic began to approach him.

"I am so sorry, but you are too big to play here friend!" It sounded perky still, but there was clearly an underlying message behind that statement.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I was just... retrieving that kid." Michael croaked out.

The Sun animatronic climbed into the ball pit and slowly approached him. Michael backed himself up against the plastic slide that he had come down. He was not sure if it had bought his act or not, but then there was a crash from across the room. Both he and the Sun whipped their heads around. Across the room there was a large set of doors, next to the doors was a large round desk. Presumably for security, check-ins, and pick-ups.

The boy was over behind the desk. He must have knocked something off and onto the floor. The Sun quickly turned his attention away from Michael and hurriedly clambered out of the ball pit.

"New friend! This area is off limits! You're gonna get us in trouble!" He cried, running over to the desk.

The boy leaned down and started speaking to his wrist. He must have been wearing a watch. But who was he talking to?

He started rifling through some of the items on the desk. The animatronic seemingly could not step behind the desk, so it could only stand there and watch. Michael took the opportunity to climb out of the ball pit while the Sun was occupied.

"Don't you want a puppet show? I have glitter glue! Ya like glitter glue? Googly eyes?" The animatronic pleaded.

Michael wondered why the animatronic was so desperate to get this kid out from behind the desk, when suddenly the lights went out with a loud bang.

And Michael was once again reminded of the fact that nothing good ever happened at a Fazbear location when the lights turned off.