Chapter 7: A Boy and His Bear

Michael was definitely experiencing some sort of déjà vu.

He once again found himself rising from unconsciousness in a darkened tube. He blinked a few times trying to snap himself out of his daze. Fortunately, this time, there was some light flowing into this chamber from the port hole in the front of the door. He found himself to be slouched at the bottom of the container, as he lifted his head up and felt that he once again had cords and wires protruding from the back of his head.

He began to become aware of voices coming from outside of the tube. The more he listened, he was able to recognize the voice of Gregory. He was talking to someone else. He wasn't sure he recognized who the other person was. The voice was familiar to him in a way, yes. But he was not able to pinpoint why exactly the voice was familiar.

He attempted to push himself up off the ground but found that he still wasn't quite in tip top shape. He rose only a few inches off the ground before his hand slipped from underneath him and he fell back down with a slight groan.

At the sound of his exclamation the voices ceased. Michael once again looked up at the port hole window, but this time as he did, a pair of glowing eyes looked back at him.

"Pfftuwahh!" Is about the sound that Michael let out.

He fumbled around on the bottom of the tube, willing his joints to finish awakening so that he could attempt to escape.

Upon his exclamation the eyes disappeared from the window, Michael heard shuffling from outside. He held his breath and squeezed his eyes shut, as the door began to swing open, bracing for his inevitable demise. He heard the squeak of the door opening and could see the light beginning to cover him from behind his eyelids.

"Are you okay, Michael?"

Michaels's eyes flew open. There, holding the door open and looking down at him, was Gregory.

"W-what? What happened?" He asked.

"Well, you didn't tell me that you were a cyborg! You passed out, and we thought that maybe your batteries died, so we brought you to a Recharge Station and plugged you in." He grinned at Michael, as if this explanation was perfectly reasonable.

Michael chose to ignore the many questions he had developed from Gregory's statement for now and picked one question that he felt he desperately needed an answer to.

"Who is we?" he asked.

Gregory opened his mouth to speak, but he didn't have to, as out from behind him stepped the individual. Towering over him from behind, and once again casting Michael in shadow. He may have looked slightly different, his model appearing extremely futuristic and sleek, but Michael recognized him immediately. That top hat and bowtie were unmistakable. Freddy Fazbear himself.

Michael instinctively began to press himself back against the far side of the tube, attempting to distance himself from the giant animatronic bear.

"I think he should be finished recharging in a moment, Superstar." The bear said to Gregory, placing a massive, clawed hand on his shoulder. Then he turned his attention to Michael.

"I apologize for any confusion. I am rather familiar with what happens when one takes too much time between recharging. So, I brought you here. I hope you aren't too upset with Gregory and I for messing with your parts without your permission." He grinned down at Michael, and while Michael was still tense and very much afraid of the giant bear, he had to admit that his voice and eyes were rather reassuring to him.

Gregory stepped out of the way and Freddy took another step towards Michael. Michael, once again backed away in fear. Freddy's animatronic eyebrows tilted up in compassion, clearly able to see Michael's fear of him.

He crouched down before Michael, "I would like to help remove the charging cords from you. I can understand why you might be afraid of me; I am quite big and clunky. But, if you'll give me a chance, I promise I only want to help you." He tilted his head and his ears wiggled back and forth comfortingly.

"What do you say, Superstar?"

Michael looked at the animatronic bear crouched in front of him. All his past experiences screamed in the back of his mind, telling him to try and scramble away. However, looking at Freddy now, he felt strangely compelled to trust him. He took a deep breath, clearly shaking, and nodded at Freddy.

Freddy smiled and gently reached down and picked Michael up off the floor.